(Senior) Software Integration Quality Engineer (online comparison portal) at Verivox GmbH (Heidelberg, Germany)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Heidelberg, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-13 05:01:09
- As a back-end and integration testing expert you will enhance and extend existing test suites and test automation processes for our back-end teams.
- Your focus will be our new cloud-based tariff data services and APIs.
- You will coordinate QA activities with developers in your team as well as other teams like SRE, DevOps and Product Management.
- While we expect some manual testing for some of the time you should have an automation-focused approach to QA activities.
- You will have regular opportunities to collaborate with other QA colleagues to work on cross-product projects and larger QA initiatives to ensure high levels of quality across all our projects.
- Ideally you have a passion for metrics and data-driven approaches to improving software quality as well as assessing the risks and vulnerabilities of software with low coverage levels.
- We encourage a culture of regular process improvement and exploration of new QA technologies, frameworks, tools and practices – your ideas and experience will be welcome!
- You should be familiar with various techniques to investigate and help development teams to diagnose, monitor and resolve production incidents (e.g. log analysis, Google Analytics, NewRelic, Elastic, Sentry or similar).
- Document and troubleshoot product defects.
- Work with the development team to optimise and improve existing development and release processes.
- Manage a release process, including building, testing and monitoring back-end services and systems during deployments.
- At least 5 years of general software quality experience or 2 years focused on back-end systems and integration testing.
- Experience using and occasionally also maintaining CI/CD pipelines when needed.
- Experience with Google Cloud, Kubernetes and Helm with Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Experience with test frameworks like CodeceptJS, Jest along with other Node.js tools is a plus.
- As well as having an analytical mindset you have a passion for test automation and replacing repetitive manual processes with scripts and automated systems.
- API testing experience, especially with GraphQL and REST protocols as well as familiarity with JSON data handling.
- Experience testing cloud-based systems and microservices, ideally with exposure to Kubernetes (Google Cloud, GKE).
- Any experience with advanced testing techniques would be highly beneficial, e.g.
- Contract-based testing with frameworks like Pact
- Performance testing with Locust or similar frameworks
- Knowledge of GDPR and other European data privacy and software usability initiatives and regulations would be beneficial.
- A team-player mindset: experience working closely with cross-functional teams and a willingness to share knowledge with other team members.
- A proactive and pragmatic approach to defect analysis and problem solving.
- Willingness to seek out and explore new ideas and concepts in the wider field of software quality assurance.
- Experience and familiarity with Agile Development techniques and ceremonies like stand-ups, refinement meetings, retrospectives, code reviews, etc.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English – some knowledge of German would be helpful but it's not required.
- ISTQB certification is a plus but not required.
- Fun work environment
- Brand new office, which includes small gym
- Gaming room, with arcade machine
- Fresh fruits and coffee
- Conferences and Trainings