Senior Full Stack Engineer at Hearst Magazines (San Francisco, CA)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-14 05:01:01
Hearst Autos is a division of Hearst Magazines focused on our automotive brands and businesses: Car and Driver, Bring a Trailer, Road & Track, and Autoweek. We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to help bring together engaging content, unrivaled data and insights, innovative consumer products, and comprehensive marketing solutions to serve automotive manufacturers, enthusiasts, and car shoppers. Hearst Autos reaches 163 million people every month and is the nation’s most influential automotive media company.
Location: We are able to consider engineers located in the following states: MI, TX, CA, NY, and PA. For the safety of our employees, our offices are closed. Upon re-opening, WFH arrangements will be considered.
What You’ll Do:
- Build a brand-new auction marketplace site and supporting services to power the new Bring a Trailer, as well as other future auction and classified marketplaces for Hearst Autos and Hearst Magazines brands.
- Work on car shopping, research, and discussions features for Car and Driver, Road & Track, and our other brands across the unique suite of Media Platforms tools and services.
- Participate in product and software design discussions, working directly with other engineers, product and design teams, DevOps, and other stakeholders.
- Use well-reasoned, appropriate design patterns and best practices.
Who You Are:
- You take initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team.
- You have 5+ years of experience building web applications and services.
- You take ownership for delivering a product feature in full – from inception through design, implementation, delivery, and post-release in an iterative agile environment.
- You have in-depth knowledge and experience with at least one server-side programming, e.g. Node.js, Python, Java, Go, or other similar languages, and working knowledge of at least one other.
- You’re not tied to a specific language or technology and you’re able to quickly adapt and learn new skills.
- You write tests to improve the quality, modularity, and maintainability of your code.
- You have an understanding of, and experience with, concurrency and asynchronous programming and relational and non-relational databases and data models.
- You have a CS degree or equivalent real-world experience and knowledge of CS fundamentals.
Bonus Points! Experience with:
- Cloud development - Amazon AWS and Google Cloud