Staff Engineer, Monetization at MasterClass (San Francisco, CA)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-15 05:01:02
Staff Engineer, Monetizationat MasterClassSan Francisco
Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters— Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- An Engineering leader to drive the MasterClass Enterprise MVP from the ground up, and continue to iterate through rapid experimentation
- Scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit who can distill ambiguity into actionable plans
- Strong thought-partner to our Product, BizOps, and Analytics stakeholders
- Curious mind who has a passion for discovering our customer needs and creating value through product innovation
Responsibilities of the role:
- Establishing the core architecture roadmap for the Enterprise solution, partnering with our world-class teams to take the product to market
- Leading and mentoring junior engineers
- Building amazing user experiences
- Participate in recruiting activities to build a world-class engineering team
- 12+ years of relevant product development and software engineering experience
- B.S. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant technical work experience
- Actively worked across the SDLC from ideation to implementation and maintenance
- Experience with modern web technologies and frameworks such as React, NodeJS, Ruby/Rails, Postgres, Redis, and Kafka
- Understanding of highly-scalable systems, hosted in cloud platforms, such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or IBM Cloud
- Familiarity with product and market experimentation, including A/B testing, and integration with Advertising platforms
- Creative thinker who enjoys fast-paced environments and is able to work through ambiguity
- Experience recruiting and retaining talent, partnering with Recruiting and Talent organizations
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.