Senior Devops Engineer at Portchain (Copenhagen, Denmark) (allows remote)
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-15 05:01:04
Container Shipping: An industry with huge potential to make a difference
90% of all goods globally are transported through a container. The largest container vessels are 400 meters long and can transport more than 23,000 containers at a time. The container shipping industry is the backbone and enabler of global trade, but it is struggling. The industry suffers from operational inefficiencies as 50%+ of all container vessels globally are delayed coming into port, and key planning processes are done manually on a global scale. This results in high operational costs, lost revenue, and unnecessarily high greenhouse gas emissions. At Portchain, we work closely with our customers to reduce operational complexity and optimize planning through software and innovative analytics.
Portchain is an exciting fast growing tech company where you will work with an incredible team on applications with a truly global impact. We are therefore seeking a talented Devops Engineer to join our product team that uses data, mathematical modeling, machine learning, and optimization to help our users get full transparency on their operations and make better decisions.
You will work with the development and analytics teams to automate and improve our infrastructure and ensure its high reliability for use in live operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- As the first Devops Engineer you will lead the overall infrastructure effort at Portchain
- Migrate our existing infrastructure to code to ensure it is documented and reproducible
- Support the product team in growing their devops skills so that they can support your own objectives
- Maintain our monitoring infrastructure. We mostly use OpenTelemetry + Prometheus in our apps, with Grafana and Newrelic as front ends.
- Problem solve architectural decisions with the Product team
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Understand and follow security and data protection best practices
- 5 years minimum of professional experience in running and maintaining applications in virtualized environments (Containers or Virtual Machines)
- Experience with any or all of the following technologies: Linux, Terraform, Pulumi, Prometheus, OpenTelemetry, Grafana, Node.js, PostgreSQL
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Previous professional experience working remotely
- A deep understanding that we always have to navigate between the immediate impact of a feature and the technical debt incurred by its implementation. You are able to carefully weigh the pros and cons and make a choice in favour of the company and the team
- Energized by complex and creative individual and team problem solving
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with building B2B and consumer quality products, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Cloud certifications (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)