Advisory Architect - VP at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Plano, TX)
Location: Plano, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-21 05:00:56
Advisory Solutions Architect
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve institutional, high net worth and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management (AWM): the Private Bank, Private Wealth Management, and J.P. Morgan Securities. We are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The Architecture and Engineering group serves all aspects of the business, providing premier architecture solutions and services used as the foundation for technology development. We focus on enabling innovation, rapid execution and empowering the engineering teams across AWM. We develop architectural standard methodologies, core services and lead the development and adoption of Hybrid Cloud solutions using Cloud-native architectures, and platforms.
Our focus is on continuous improvement; we never settle for yesterday's achievements. We embrace the principles and values of Agile, the methodologies of Scrum and the practices of Lean. We lead by example and enable our engineering teams to deliver high-quality results to our business partners quickly. We are practitioners of inclusion and realize that the ultimate success of our organization relies on our ability to hire diverse candidates.
As an Advisory Solutions Architect, you will support AWM application architects and engineering teams in your home tech hub, as well as collaborate with your peers in a globally distributed team. As a team, you will deliver reference architectures and guidance based on representative use cases across multiple lines of business. You will evolve these architectures using a data-driven learning process that streams outputs to various teams within the organization, creating an active feedback loop. These architectures will provide a blueprint for the successful application of modern architectural practices and continuous delivery of resilient, secure, and regulatory compliant software across the organization.
Your success in this organization will be based on:
Embedding with and supporting AWM architects and engineering teams in your home tech hub.
Conducting solutions architecture review sessions and provide tailored guidance to teams.
Assisting teams with API design, documentation, management, and quality.
Driving adoption of C4 architectural modeling techniques/tooling and lightweight Architectural Decision Records (ADRs).
Building, testing, delivering, and operating reference application architectures.
Designing and conducting experiments running reference application architectures with representative load. Interpreting experimental results and performing architectural component tuning as necessary to improve performance.
Creating reference application architecture documentation and diagrams as appropriate.
Creating and delivering relevant reference architecture training content.
1. 7-10+ years' experience as an IT Architect, with a focus on minimizing complexity in distributed systems architecture and design.
2. Demonstrated ability to architect and build high-volume, critical microservices, domain-driven , event driven and cloud-native distributed applications.
3. Hands-on experience with PaaS/CaaS platforms such as Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes, as well as public cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
4. Expert level knowledge with Enterprise Java development using the Spring portfolio, NoSQL data platforms, distributed caches, messaging middleware, and stream processing.
5. Hands-on experience guiding teams to mature DevOps practices and SRE pratices
6. Exceptional communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are essential, with the ability to influence and manage multiple stakeholders.
7. Hands-on experience using, and writing, architectural patterns, standard methodologies, and guidelines for enterprise applications.
8. A Bachelors or equivalent in an engineering discipline with experience in financial services preferred.
9. Hands-on experience in assessing architectures , architecturtal artifacts and creating Architecture Review Records
10. Empathy for delivery teams and a passion for improving both productivity and experience for engineering teamsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans