DevOps Engineer at Kodify Media Group () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-21 05:01:12
About this job
Job type: Full-timeExperience level: Mid-levelRole: DevOps Engineer
Preferred Timezone: (GMT+01:00) Amsterdam +/- 2 hours
At Kodify, we run several high traffic video-on-demand websites and endeavor to create our customers' best possible experience.
Our team is looking for a talented engineer to join our remote team. Their role will be to improve our automated processes, platform reliability, and general software development.
This role is open to remote candidates based only in the European Union and the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a solid generalist. With substantial experience in developing microservices with Node.js who also enjoys automating the boring stuff so ultimately, we can all work on the "fun" stuff.
We expect applicants to be competent in delivering and deploying working software in the form of containerized apps that form part of a more extensive distributed system built on Kubernetes and Amazon Web Services.
Your key responsibilities:
- Supporting our engineering teams.
- Environment reliability.
- Service monitoring and observability.
- CI/CD pipelines.
- Dependency auditing.
- Platform security.
- Automating operations tasks.
- Setting SLOs, SLIs, and SLAs.
- Continuously improving our software development processes and practices.
- Have fun and enjoy your job!
- You’re a real team player.
- You love to help and find solutions together.
- Your sense of humour will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
- You can think on your feet and adapt well to fast changing environments and priorities.
- You are passionate about software development.
- You're able to think beyond code to architecture and user experience.
- You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results based, not clock based!
Required Knowledge & Experience of:
- Amazon Web Services
- CI/CD pipelines
Desirable Knowledge & Experience of:
- OpenID Connect Authentication
Education is compulsory, but where you got it is irrelevant for us! We are looking for someone who has worked in a similar role (or roles) for at least 3 years, and can show us examples of their work. We are not looking for a newbie, nor are we looking for a rockstar, we are looking for a mid to senior level engineer who wants to both learn and contribute to our team.