Mid-Level .NET Developer at Data Research Group (Culpeper, VA) (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Culpeper, VA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-22 05:00:47
Data Research Group – Culpeper, VA
- $75k - 90k
- Posted < 1 hour ago
About this jobJob type: ContractExperience level: Mid-Level
Remote detailsPreferred Timezone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time +/- 2 hoursOffice Location: Culpeper, VA. Employees can also work full time from this office.
- Responsible for supporting the Data Research Group Enterprise platform for data management, built using C#.
- Primary responsibility will be to work with the integration team to import data from legacy systems into our platform. Additional work will include design, develop and support of our enterprise application.
- Must be very proficient at writing T-SQL scripts for import and maintenance purposes.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment and have a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and producing a quality.
Duties & Responsibilities
- T-SQL scripts for imports. We host our production information in AWS.
- Develop functional and design specifications.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and develop test automation.
Skills & Requirements
- Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Expert level understand of T-SQL with the ability to write complicated SQL scripts on a routine basis.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries.
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns.
- Knack for writing clean, readable C# code.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Basic understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git).
- Familiarity with CI/CD practices.
- Reports to Senior Product Developer
- Works with peers in a cross functional team, therefore close cooperation with other departments within the team, e.g. technical support, product management and production.