Software Engineer II - DevOps at CNC Software, Inc () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-22 05:00:49
At CNC Software, Inc., our mission is to create software and services that solve the world’s manufacturing challenges. Our software, Mastercam, developed and supported by our talented team, is the most widely used CAM software in the world. Headquartered in Tolland, CT, we are a culture that embraces remote work, with close to fifty percent of our team working from their home office in the United States as well as in offices in Switzerland and China. As the industry leader, we strive to innovate, and we partner with our resellers and customers to make the impossible, well, possible.
As a privately held, family-owned business, our culture is shaped by our concern and care for each other and our community. Our work environment reflects this care, with exceptional benefits and services you would expect of an industry leader [on-site fitness center, walking paths, employee gardens, bicycle shop, kitchen facilities] which are supported by geothermal heating/cooling and solar arrays which power the majority of our utility consumption. As a Greater Hartford Top Workplace, our focus has always been on creating a workplace that embodies the family-friendly values we hold, and which, well, doesn’t feel like “work”, but more like a place that you want to be. If you have a passion for your work, an inquisitive nature, and a pride in exceeding the expectations others have set for you – then CNC may just be the place you have been looking for.
CNC Software is looking for a Software Engineer to join our DevOps team. This team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our build, deployment, and testing pipelines.
As a member of our DevOps team, you’ll work to ensure that our build, deployment, and testing infrastructure is fast, reliable, and maintainable. You’ll be responsible for building systems using a diverse range of systems and technologies, and you’ll ensure that these systems interact efficiently and reliability.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including design patterns and the SOLID and DRY principles. You will be very familiar with the tools and techniques used to build and deploy Windows desktop software. You will need to be comfortable diving into a large, legacy codebase and making changes to streamline and improve processes used to build and deploy our products. You’ll have a strong sense on how to automate manual processes, and have a proven ability to connect disparate sources of data to create a whole picture.
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years of experience building commercial software.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- You are comfortable with object-oriented programming in a .NET language.
- You have previous experience with the tools and techniques used to build and deploy Windows desktop software.
- You have previous experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Azure DevOps.
- You have experience using and administering Git.
- You have a proven track record of automating manual processes.
- You are comfortable with automated testing frameworks.
- You are familiar with standard software development practices such as peer reviews and unit testing.
- You can clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical coworkers.
It’s a Plus If:
- You’ve worked in an agile (Scrum, Kanban) software development environment before.
- You have developed Windows desktop installations using InstallShield or MSI.
- You are familiar with the NuGet package manager and administering NuGet servers.
- You have developed scripts using PowerShell or Groovy.
- You have experience using and administering Subversion.
- You have experience in CAD/CAM and/or the manufacturing industry.
CNC Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
We are an E-Verify Employer.