Solutions Architect - Discovery - Remote at Theorem, LLC () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-22 05:01:08
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 180+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too! What you’ll doWorking within one of Theorem’s small, tight-knit product discovery teams in our Discovery Group, you’ll be an integral part of leading discovery efforts across varying client projects. You’ll provide strong technical leadership and experience within the team and directly to the client. Through close partnership across design, research, and product team members you’ll help to anchor the problem understanding and ideation process around what’s technically feasible, helping to uncover and mitigate engineering-related risks or complexity in the product. How you’ll do it
- Ultimately, you’ll help the team deliver a validated roadmap to a product that delivers real value for the client and sets a clear path for a Theorem development team to successfully deliver on, through a combination of the following:
- Build prototypes across a range of visual fidelity and complexity utilizing different tools, platforms, and programming languages to assist in user research, problem understanding, risk mitigation, and ideation direction.
- Collaborate with the client and stakeholders to fully understand any constraints that may impact engineering efforts, architecture, integration points, and value.
- In coordination with user research, build and support prototypes to validate solution hypotheses, and observe and support testing to ensure valid results.
- Collaborate daily with UX/UI Designers, Product Specialists, and User Researchers to uncover a solution that is technically feasible, viable for the business, and desirable by their end-users.
- Work toward building and maintaining reusable frameworks and libraries to enable rapid iteration on both low and high fidelity prototyping, proofs of concept, and experimentation for software discovery.
- Advise and challenge peer discovery team members with technical feedback that keeps ideation on track and feasible, as well as incorporate feedback from design and product peers to ensure desirability and viability of the product concept.
- Frequently engage with the client and stakeholders on a project to create clarity around problem understanding, learning, and provide confidence in our actions and methods.
- Ensure the solutions developed are value-driven, modern and appealing, and meet the quality and expectations of both Theorem and the client.
Who you are
- You understand the importance of software product discovery, and value problem definition over solutions, learning over insights, direct user feedback, and how those can set up a delivery team for success.
- You should be passionate about experimentation and understanding user behavior and needs in balance with the needs of the client and their business - and that the two usually are the same.
- You enjoy learning about new technologies and business verticals while working with multiple and varied clients over time.
- You can turn product requirements into concrete engineering plans or roadmaps, helping to prioritize and mitigate risk in building a product.
- You can communicate effectively (removing ambiguity and creating clarity, building trust) with cross-functional partners (Product, Design, Research, Data Science) and with the client and stakeholders directly.
- You have a background in or are passionate about, UI, UX, and interaction design.
- You enjoy working at the intersection of engineering and design.
- Highly collaborative and communicative; takes, and gives, feedback well.
- Self-managed; can set timelines independently and adhere to schedules and work within varied constraints.
- Take a lean approach to solving problems and demonstrating ideas.
- Understands the imperfect nature of prototyping, proofs-of-concept, and experimentation.
- Able to learn new platforms, software languages, and concepts as trends shift in the industry.
- 7+ years of experience in software development (SaaS, web, mobile) and/or prototyping in technical implementation and delivery roles.
- Strong experience in consulting and working with different clients and stakeholders directly and the shift in focus required moving from project to project.
- Experience working with multiple types and sizes of organizations, from Seed level startups to large, enterprise organizations and an understanding of the different constraints, pros, and cons involved in working with each kind.
- Experience working as an engineer on product delivery teams in agile and lean environments with a nuanced understanding of varying principles, methods, and practices in developing quality software.
- Solid understanding of various agile and lean methodologies, including the importance of product discovery and dual-track agile with a single, collaborative team.
- Experience in UI development; working with designers and with design tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, etc.), with solid experience in web-based/mobile applications
- Experience with backend development with languages like NodeJS, Ruby, or similar.
- Strong understanding of software and system design, architecture, and database concepts, including wide familiarity with implementing products across various combinations of them.
- You enjoy continued learning about not just product engineering but the product business and product design side of envisioning holistic products.
- ReactJS Framework