Azure Platform Engineer at Tessian () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-23 05:00:49
The Platform Team at Tessian Read more about Engineering at Tessian:https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/tessian We're looking for an experienced SRE or “DevOps” Engineer for the Platform Team at Tessian. The Platform Team is responsible for defining and operating the infrastructure upon which our development teams and customers depend.Why is this role exciting:
- We have plans for fast growth in terms of customer numbers and our Engineering team.
- We have an ambitious product vision and a strong team determined to execute on it.
- We solve hard problems - scale, big data (Spark/EMR), security, large databases (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB) and complex integrations.
- Your work will have a direct impact on the platform and our customers.
What are our current and upcoming projects:
- A greenfield Azure deployment of Kubernetes - We’re looking to build an Azure platform for some of our services with a focus on Security, Engineering Velocity, Observability with Kubernetes.
- Bolstering our security and deployments for Enterprise - We intend to close more enterprise deals and have a plan to do it. A key project we plan to start will be creating a deployment method that allows us to maintain developer velocity whilst also giving reassurances to security conscious customers.
- Keeping the lights on as we scale to bigger customers - A crucial part of this role is to ensure that our systems remain reliable and working with engineering teams to drive quality and solve problems.
- Expanding and scaling our AWS infrastructure - As we grow, so does our infrastructure. You will get involved with helping design, implement and run it.
What will your responsibilities be:
- Design reliable distributed systems that handle high volumes of data with low latency
- Maintain and support business-critical systems
- Enable developers to ship code to production every day using CI/CD techniques
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
We'd love to meet someone who:
- Has at least 5 years of Azure and “DevOps” experience. If you’ve also had some experience with AWS that’s great.
- Is a great problem solver who takes pride in their work.
- Enjoys working with and mentoring others in their area of expertise
- Enjoys building scalable and resilient systems, with a focus on systems that are robust by design and suitably monitored.
- Has strong experience managing a range of production applications in a distributed and highly available Azure environment.
- Has experience with and is opinionated about containerization (Docker) and a container orchestration system (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Has experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform).
- Has a deep understanding of server/network security concepts and implementations.
- Experience with AWS or willingness to learn on the job.
- Some experience with Linux is preferable
- Programming knowledge, preferably Python/Golang/.NET.