SENIOR BACK-END ENGINEER at Ancient Gaming () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-23 05:01:03
SENIOR BACK-END ENGINEER
As creators of innovative software for the future market of iGaming, Ancient strives to go against the traditional route of building slot machine software. We operate with the firm belief that we’re building desirable software for the next big spending generation: younger players who are seeking iGaming entertainment to enjoy themselves and with friends. With that in mind, we’re now looking for a senior front-end engineer to help us innovate, build and grow Ancient further, and to always help us stay one step ahead.
What you will do:
- Build scalable, highly-available, robust systems and ensure their continuous delivery.
- Take full ownership of features and code, from the inception of ideas to deployment, maintenance and keeping it running.
- Be involved in the communities of the businesses by having a ‘Developer’ tag in the chatboxes, which will get you a lot of attention from the customers, receiving real-time feedback for the products you build.
- Become a member of our back-end engineering culture, learning from other talented people, and sharing your own knowledge.
- Engineer new features at scale in a fresh codebase without legacy code.
- Participate in technical discussions as part of the team. You should be ready to challenge our architecture, propose changes, and ultimately implement them.
Examples of projects you’ll be working on:
- https://www.csgoroll.com Community social gaming platform targeted towards CSGO players, with unique in-house custom built games such as Roulette, Crash, Unboxing, PVP with the capability to bet and win Skins in real-time
- https://www.hypedrop.com Buy and open Mystery Boxes in real-time featuring the Unboxing game where people can unbox real life products and have them shipped to their house
- https://www.hypeup.com (currently in development) is an item focused iGaming brand where users may wager their balance or items from their “Inventory” vs other people’s items from their Inventory such as Watches, Electronics, Sneakers and more, and may redeem their contents physically upon withdrawal.
These projects use the same codebase and share libraries of components and modules.
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone with a strong background in video gaming is preferred, since much of our target market are gamers, and also gamification concepts are now widely adopted.
- An intuitive understanding of how games work and the motivation behind them is helpful.
- Someone who’s up to speed with TypeScript, Node, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Redis.
- A part-time or full-time worker that can stay on-task in a remote environment.