Intermediate Full Stack Engineer at Swift Medical Inc. () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-23 05:01:05
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Full Stack Engineer to join our team! If you’re looking to grow your career and your impact with a leading healthcare tech company, then we have the role for you at Swift Medical.
As the world leader in digital wound care management, we deliver advanced wound care visualization and touchless 3D measurement through our smartphone-ready Swift Skin and Wound software. We’ve been adopted by more than 2,100 facilities across North America and are now leading the Telewound Care Canada Project for The Digital Technology Supercluster Covid-19 Response Program.
You will be reporting to our Full Stack Team Lead.
- Develop and maintain full stack web components of our flagship Wound Management System used by Healthcare facilities across North America
- Collaborate with Product, DevOps & QA to design, develop and deploy new features across the stack to Production on our Kubernetes Platform
- Work with external integration partners to build deep integrations within the healthcare technology space
- Investigate, troubleshoot and implement fixes for bugs and performance issues across the stack, from our React / Redux frontend to our Ruby on Rails, node.js backend microservices
- 3+ years of full-stack development experience and an excellent command of engineering fundamentals
- Experience developing distributed services making use of modern Web frameworks, preferably with some full-stack experience;
- Experience with Node.js, Ruby on Rails and/or React is considered an asset
- Experience writing well-tested code (RSpec, Jest etc.);
- Can work in a dynamic environment - not phased by multi-tasking, managing shifting priorities, or following through on projects with minimal supervision.
- An innate curiosity to continuously learn and teach, refine your craft & critical thinking and demonstrate ownership & accountability
Technologies we use:
- Ruby, Node.js / Typescript, Python / Flask backend
- Kafka, Postgresql
- Gitlab CI/CD
Working @ Swift Medical:
One of the very best things about Swift Medical is our people and the inclusive close-knit work culture we’ve created. Based on direct anonymous feedback from our team Swift has been certified as a Great Place to Work®! We offer great benefits and perks such as drug+dental insurance, health spending accounts, flexible vacations, employee stock options, and many more.
Swift is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse workplace. Swift provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.