IoT Developer at K4Connect (Raleigh, NC)
Location: Raleigh, NC
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-23 05:01:08
K4Connect is looking for an IoT Developer who will join a team using the newest IoT devices to make our clients lives “simpler, healthier and happier.” The IoT Developer will help us expand our selection of devices that integrate the latest technology available from our partners, and working with our embedded controller, APIs, and SDKs, you’ll develop the software that delivers that end-user value every day.Want to Do Meaningful Work?
We are a high impact, high growth, venture backed company on a mission to leverage technology to empower the 1.5B older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. We believe that technology is not simply reserved for the next generation, but rather should empower all generations. If you are interested in joining a committed, impassioned, intelligent and creative team that is driven to making global impact, then K4Connect may be the place for you!
As an IoT Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing integrations with the best technology available across multiple product categories – home automation, sensors, wellness, wearables, tablets, and more.
- Maintaining our IoT controller SDK.
- Implementing solutions with third party protocols and APIs.
- Maintaining Linux operating system and configuration for IoT controller.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a related field
- Shell scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell / BASH)
- Experience with home automation protocols – ZWave, Zigbee, etc.
- Deep understanding of cloud API technologies – REST, OAuth, JSON
- Experience with Bluetooth / BLE protocols is a plus
- Experience with networking e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, DTLS is a plus
- Strong Linux skills
- Experience with container technologies e.g. LXC, Docker
- Comfortable with working in a startup environment, with a willingness to participate beyond your core job responsibilities
- Good communication skills
- Creative and innovative
- Risk tolerant, willing to give ideas a try (then try again)
- Strong personality, willing to push forward ideas, yet a team player
K4Connect is on a mission to leverage technology to empower older adults and individuals living with disabilities to live simpler, healthier and happier lives. It all starts with our patented technology management and delivery platform, one of the most advanced in the burgeoning IoT market which delivers the latest in home automation, connected wellness, social, services and content management to those who value it the most. Our products enable smarter living environments and healthier lives while fostering family and community engagement. Learn more at www.k4connect.com.
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation Package (salary + stock options)
- Quality Healthcare Options for Medical (PPO & HSA), Dental, and Vision (company subsidized)
- Company-paid Life Insurance, ADD, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability plans
- Vanguard 401k Plan for Retirement Savings
- Unlimited PTO, Paid Holidays, and Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Employee Lounge complete with ping pong, foosball, and a steady supply of snacks, coffee, and drinks (someday that will matter again!)
You’ll be part of a highly creative, open, and fun team all passionate about making a real difference in people’s lives. If any of this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you about joining our team!