Senior Software Engineer (.Net, Azure, C#) at Hearst Magazines (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-25 05:00:44
Hearst Magazines’ iCrossing team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer specializing in Microsoft’s .NET Core and Azure Technologies. You will be instrumental in developing digital experiences that are designed and built using Microsoft’s .NET Core and Azure Technologies. You are use your technical expertise to own developing an extensible service offering for our client in the automotive industry. On a daily basis, you will be using.NET Core, the latest Azure Services, along with various leading DevOps/continuous integration tools.
What You’ll Do
- You will get to code complex modules and templates for the project which allows for consumers greater ease and access to booking and buying client's products and services
- You will be a key part of an application development project team comprised of onshore and offshore developers using Scrum ceremonies and methodologies.
- You will be responsible for back end software development and maintenance activities, including leading all code reviews
- You will guide the team on best practices
- You will manage and ensure completion of coding assignments on time. Ensure quality of deliverables and system level documentation
- You will ensure execution of unit tests and communication of results of unit testing
- You will work with Project Manager to assign work, estimate project specific work, and ensures the timeliness/quality of deliverables and make sure all appropriate parties are informed of tech team status and issues.
- You will constantly make sure your knowledge of technology and tools is current
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience using .NET technologies with an emphasis on C#
- You have experience building APIs in .NET for use by front-end Angular or React web applications
- You have expert OOAD experience
- You may have multiple Microsoft Certifications (MCAD, MCSD, MCP, etc...)
- You have a strong expertise in working with Microsoft Azure cloud based technologies
- Your Background in component/object development is in .NET and you have worked on at least one large .NET project
- You have a background in designing and delivering complex web based consumer facing applications
- You have Experience with integrating .NET with legacy applications
- You have experience designing, and provisioning Azure based solutions
- You have experience with IaasS and PaaS Azure offerings such as VM's, App Services, Function, and Cloud Services along with cloud based database solutions such as Azure SQL.
- You are familiar with ASP.NET MVC and other Microsoft Frameworks such as Entity Framework, Identity Framework.