Architect, Software Engineering (.Net Core and Azure Services) at Hearst Magazines (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-25 05:00:45
As part of Hearst Magazines’ iCrossing team, as a Director level and Architect of Software Engineering, you will be instrumental in guiding the development of digital experiences using cutting edge technology. For this position, we are specifically looking for demonstrated experience with the Angular web framework, .NET Core, and Azure. Because you are a seasoned technical leader, you will also have an impact on the strategic direction of our technical practice as well as manage and mentor more junior developers.
You will be leading the system design and architecture and communications with client and other IT partners involved. The team is responsible for developing and maintaining the Angular web application and .NET Core API layer, and infrastructure running on Microsoft Azure.
What you’ll do
- You will use your full stack architecture experience to successfully lead an engineering team in designing and developing front end and back-end code for highly visible marketing web applications
- You will Lead the creation of the overall web application architecture and oversee the software engineering project team responsible for building a technical solution utilizing .Net, Angular and Azure components.
- You ensure the quality creation of high fidelity, responsive front end layouts from creative comps
- You will collaborate with back-end software engineers to design the integration points of front end code with APIs
- You will oversee other engineering team members in implementing the design following the standards and approaches you help define
- You will validate and monitor the quality of code produced by the team and personally contribute to the codebase as needed
- You will work as a team member and lead on large accounts, understanding how a team operates and what is expected of the various roles on the project
- You will validate technical requirements defined by the team
- You may produce interim deliverables (such as technical specifications, browser and market analysis, prototypes, proofs of concept, etc.) in addition to the final live site or application. In addition, you will participate in project estimation and contribute to authoring of technical and business requirement documentation
Who you are
- You are experienced in architecting scalable web application solutions, writing efficient code, optimizing performance and debugging issues. You have done several Angular and .NET projects built from your technical designs (partial or entire solution) up to full Production deployment and maintenance cycle.
- You have designed, built and maintained Microservices. You have built and consumed and troubleshooted RESTful APIs in enterprise environments.You have extensive experience with Node-based workflow and build systems such as Webpack
- You have extensive experience with the Angular web framework
- You have extensive experience leading technical/development team members on scrum teams in an Agile context
- You possess an expert understanding of modern web development practices including implementing responsive design and mobile first layouts
- You are adept with GIT and have a demonstrated understanding of best practices for version control across distributed teams
- You have proficiency in UX design, information architecture and/or graphic design, but prefer to code!
- You have experience architecting web applications using:
- Angular 2.0+
- .NET Core
- RESTful API development
- Azure cloud infrastructure design, configuration, and deployment
- You have a strong understanding of software engineering best practices