Backend Engineering Manager at Dashlane (Paris, France)
Location: Paris, France
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-26 05:01:07
About the role:
Dashlane is looking for a hands-on engineering manager to join our Paris office and help lead our backend team. In this role you will primarily manage and empower your developers, while also contributing to the codebase and the team's roadmap.
The backend team at Dashlane is currently 16 developers spread across all three of our offices. The team maintains and builds APIs, which provide core user functionality such as data synchronization between devices, support for business features, subscriptions management, and much more. These services are used daily by millions of users, translating into hundreds of millions of requests per day. The team is also in charge of securely storing our users' data and maintaining our infrastructure on AWS.
This role will be instrumental in improving Dashlane’s current systems, processes, and infrastructure necessary to support future growth and expansion plans.
At Dashlane you will:
- Help your direct reports to grow and develop as engineers, teammates, and leaders
- Recruit new software engineers and participate in Dashlane's effort to be visible in the tech community
- Lead on managerial initiatives to improve our current systems and processes in support of the company's mission
- Contribute to various backend codebases to provide value to Dashlane engineering teams, internal stakeholders, and Dashlane users
- Help define the direction of the backend server platform
- Work with passionate teams of engineers, product managers, testers, customer support agents, and others in a friendly and multicultural environment
- 5+ years of experience in backend software engineering
- 2+ years of experience in people management
- Experience working with databases
- Experience with cloud platforms (we use AWS)
- Fluency in English
- NodeJS experience
- Security-focused experience
- Experience with a company at roughly Dashlane's size (100-500 employees)
- Experience working in a distributed team across multiple timezones
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Dashlane:
As a truly international company - founded in Paris and split between Paris, New York, and Lisbon, Dashlane thrives off diverse perspectives. We value all aspects of diversity: gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social background, age, lifestyle, and more - and are committed to hiring a diverse community and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and belongs.
Your interview experience: To know what to expect once you’ve sent your application, read about how we interview and hire at Dashlane in this blog article written by our Talent team. Feel free to browse our blog to find more information about our product and how we work.