.NET Core Developer at Bilbayt () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-27 05:00:49
We're a small team of talented software developers and engineers looking for motivated full-stack developers with a passion for building modern and elegant cloud-hosted software solutions. We focus on using modern languages, technologies, and frameworks to deliver rich and cutting-edge experiences for our users, customers, and stakeholders.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a full-stack ASP.NET web developer who can plan, design, and lead the development of new features in a suite of web and mobile applications we build and support. We're looking for developers with experience in or interest in:
- ASP.NET Core 2.2, 3.0, and 5.0
- Entity Framework 6 and EF Core
- Microsoft SQL Azure
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure Cache for Redis
- Azure SignalR
- Azure Storage and Service Bus
- Azure Functions and Logic Apps
- Modern web development with HTML5 and CSS/LESS
What experience we'd love to see
- UI and UX design experience and the ability to create compelling web and app experiences
- Unit and integration testing with NUnit, Selenium, and Postman
- Continuous delivery with Azure DevOps
- Software project management with Jira and Bitbucket
- Mobile app development with Ionic, Cordova, and Angular
- Application caching with Redis Cache
- Progressive web apps
If any of the above are unfamiliar that's okay, we'd still be very excited to have a talented developer willing to learn with mentorship from a team member.
What you'll be working on
You'll be working alongside a small team of experienced developers to build out and evolve a suite of cloud-native web solutions that include:
- A private ASP.NET Core Web API support our mobile apps
- Private admin, vendor, and client portals build with ASP.NET Core 2.2, 5.0, and Blazor
- A set of backend services built with Azure Queues and Service Bus, and Azure Functions
How do we build software
We take a modern and agile approach to building great software that starts with informal feature brainstorming sessions, design and planning meetings, and technology and approach discussions. Our team is remote and distributed so most conversations and meetings happen on Slack or Jira.
Feature development, tasks, and bugs are logged in Jira along with their requirements, design mock-ups, and notes. We work from a single Git repository using feature branches, GitFlow, and pull requests. We're very agile and move fast, we deploy to production multiple times per day.
Who you'll work with
You'll be working directly with our founders, our customer experience team, and your software developer teammates. We're still a small company and you'll have the opportunity to work directly with everyone involved in moving the company forward.
Bilbayt is based in Kuwait (GMT +3 hours) and we have a Sunday - Thursday workweek. While we offer some flexibility on schedule our team generally is online and available on the same schedule.