Software Engineer Security and IAM Team at FINBOURNE Technology (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-01-27 05:00:50
Software Engineer –Security and IAM Team
Location: London, UK
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000
The Security and IAM Team at FINBOURNE is tasked with much more than just being responsible for keeping our customers’ data safe. We build services that complement LUSID’s core functionality and are responsible for how our platform’s capabilities are exposed.
Taking the time to write robust, well researched and performant, highly tested code is the key to engineering in our team, and FINBOURNE in general. The systems we write are amongst the most used and critical to a global financial platform: ensuring our customers can trust that their data is safe while also easily accessible to the right people.
Development work in the team is varied, working on building new features, automating the latest security technologies and working with the whole company to understand their areas of the business.
Like everyone at FINBOURNE, developers will work with other teams to broaden their experience of the platform and the industry. Learning and teaching is key to help bring our culture of engineering excellence to our products and customers.
LUSID is an always up, global investment platform, so building high quality engineering and developing high quality engineers is critical to the company.
- Contribute to the development of new features and improvement of existing features
- Review code from other members of the team
- Develop an understanding of all areas of identity and access management, and help other teams and customers with their challenges in this space.
- Research new ideas and prototype new tools and technologies
- Operate, automate and improve our security systems and processes
- Help further develop our automated testing systems to keep the quality of our work as high as possible
Planning and Delivery
Work with others in the company to help define how new features can be deliveredIdentify bugs and gaps in our applications and processes, and work with the team to get them fixed
Contribute to and enhance our engineering practicesDevelop ways to better improve our system awareness and monitoring to identify issues and trends early.
- Share knowledge, experience and new ideas with the wider team
- Provide technical mentoring for team members
What skills, experience and qualifications we require:
You’ll have a passion for technology and have solid software development skills gained from experience working with back end systems.
You should be well organised, and have excellent communication skills, with the ability to discuss complex topics with both technical and non-technical audiences. It is essential that you’re willing to take the time understand a problem before making any changes. You should be able to describe the trade-offs made in any design choice and learn to improve your design choices with feedback from the wider team.
Knowledge of Financial Services (or Asset Management specifically) would be beneficial, though not essential.
Knowledge in the following areas is essential:
- C# and .NET Core (or equivalent language, e.g.: C/C++, Java)
- Git source control
We use the following technologies, so experience in any of these areas is also desirable:
- Postgres (or other relational database)
- Automated testing and continuous integration/delivery
- Functional programming
- Writing high performance software
- Distributed computing / scalable systems
- Kubernetes + Docker
- Rabbit MQ
In future, we are considering using the following, so knowledge in any of these areas would be beneficial:
- Actor models, such as MS Orleans or Akka
- Queue-oriented architectures
- LSM stores (such as RocksDB)