Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:18
Lead Software Developer – Investment Service Group
Cambridge Associates was founded in the early 1970s to assist nonprofit institutions with the investment of their endowment assets. Today, we provide investment management, financial planning and proprietary capital markets research to over 1000 clients including nonprofit institutions, private clients (families) and pension plans. The firm advises on assets in all asset categories, including equities, bonds, non-US investments, real estate, venture capital, hedge funds, leveraged buyout funds, oil and gas partnerships, and many other types of investments. We monitor the performance of nearly all major institutional investment managers and provide an advanced monitoring service for our clients to evaluate alternative assets managers such as venture capital and private equity.
Cambridge Associates has a staff of more than 1,100 professionals, including 200 Investment Directors and 150 Investment Associates, based in eight offices located in Arlington, Beijing, Boston, Dallas, London, Menlo Park, Singapore and Sydney. We select our employees with great attention to their potential to become valuable members of a collegial, intelligent and hard-working team.
The Investment Systems Group is seeking a lead software developer to join our development team. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented team designing and developing mission-critical software at our firm.
The team is responsible for delivering data services to support business process and workflows, decision support systems, and reporting capabilities for our internal customers and the firm’s clients. These include web applications, mobile apps, and backend services.
Our developers are responsible for reviewing business needs, providing a technical design, implementation, testing and maintaining software. Cambridge Associates is looking for creative individuals who are driven to produce great solutions while following standards and industry best practices. These positions require intelligent and self-motivated developers.
- As part of an agile team, work closely with business analysts, architects and QA.
- Participate in planning activities, collaborate and coordinates the efforts across development teams.
- Provide suggestions and adjustments as needed to deliver quality software within project scope and timeframes.
- Promote and perform development work consistent with industry standards and best practices
- Where applicable, refactor existing code for performance improvements and compliance with latest standards
- Ability to work independently and understand application functionality through reverse engineering code
- Perform unit testing and support test automation.
- Apply continuous integration and continuous delivery techniques.
- Conduct peer code reviews.
- Work on R&D activities and prototypes.
- Support Tier 1 systems.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of professional experience building message driven applications on the JVM
- Experience with event sourcing and other event driven architecture patterns.
- Experience with building applications in AWS, specifically EC2 Container Service, EMR (Apache Spark), Lambda, Kinesis, SQS and SNS.
- Experience with relational databases and JDBC required. Experience with search engines such as - Elasticsearch or Lucene a plus.
- Demonstrated experience applying TDD, continuous integration and lean delivery.
- Experience building and maintaining micro-service components and architectures.
- Experience building measurement and continuous improvement into software.
- Ability to satisfy complex business requirements through simple design and execution.
- Possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with mid/back-office financial services operations a plus.
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work, and result in a more satisfying client experience.