Software Engineer at Haas F1 Team (Banbury, UK)
Location: Banbury, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:23
Haas F1 Team is looking for Software Engineers to develop our modern data analysis tool chain. We use a combination of Agile, and DevOps methodologies to drive the continuous delivery of robust in-house computing software. You will work closely with Race Engineering and other stakeholders to prioritise requirements, to propose iterations and to ensure the agile delivery of useful and robust services and tools for use across the group. We are the youngest team on the grid with plenty of opportunities to steer the development in the right direction.
You will enhance a growing group of software developers who are passionate about developing a modern software framework and toolset to enhance our on-track performance. And see the results of your hard work the following weekend.
The position is based in Banbury, UK. During the pandemic, our protocol is work from home.
What you’ll work on:
The majority of our code base is written in C# .NET 5. You will be working on projects that span a broad range of technologies; from specifying and implementing database schemas, through services layer API’s and core libraries to native desktop apps and web-apps.
Our software moves around the world so some element of out of hours work and On Call may be required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce clear, well structured, testable, maintainable and efficient C# Code.
- Integrate into 3rd Party APIs, develop internal APIs and fit for purpose internal UIs.
- Spread knowledge throughout the team to avoid silo-ing.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Minimum BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or in another STEM field with substantial experience in software development
- 4 years’ experience using .Net technologies, C#, developing applications with complex data management and database storage solutions utilising microservices
- Ability to design well documented, simple and elegant systems which are easily maintainable.
- Ability to work independently and with little guidance.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of time series / NoSQL databases
- Web and/or UI based data visualisation
- Version Control Systems (git, subversion, etc.).
- 23 days of paid holiday increasing to 25 after 3 years. With an option to carry 3 days over to the following year.
- Pension plan
- Life insurance