Integrations Software Engineer at NowPow (Chicago, IL) (allows remote)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:24
NowPow, whose name is a play on knowledge is power, is a women-owned and led technology business based on Chicago's south side. NowPow's multi-sided platform is a personalized community referral management solution that enables care professionals - social workers, physicians, justice workers - to manage and close the loop on health and social service referrals and also directly support patients, members, and clients in their own self care. NowPow helps people get the care they need, whether they are managing chronic health and social conditions or just staying well.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated, and self-motivated Integrations Software Engineer to join the NowPow Integrations Engineering team. Our ideal candidate should have a desire for and experience with Web/UI technologies, a passion for helping people get the care they need, and a desire to work with complex healthcare systems integrations technologies. One key responsibility is creating detailed technical designs using best practices and then implementing them with little help. Most of the development is going to be .NET development with C#.
- Develop and design web-based technology and applications using the .NET Framework
- Play a key role in the complete software development lifecycle, including analysis, design, coding, unit testing and debugging, and documentation
- Achieve goals integrating NowPow's platform into customer systems with NowPow's Implementation Project Managers
- Work with the Product Management team to build great software for our customers
- Work on the full stack of the NowPow product suite, including front-end UI, back-end web service and data tools, reporting and analytics tools, and build and deployment automation
- Suggest and implement improvements to our development processes
- Understand healthcare integration technology standards like HL7 and FHIR
- Quickly adapt to new technologies and processes
- Work in a test-driven development environment
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments
- Accurately track and manage project task, activity, and documentation for your assigned work.
- Collaborate with your team to produce technical specifications and architecture documentation
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during design, development, and delivery to ensure solid, scalable, robust solutions
- BS or MS in computer science, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of enterprise software development experience and experience with Web UI Technologies
- Healthcare integration experience (HL7, FHIR, EHR customization) is preferred
- Microsoft .NET experience (ASP.NET, C#, ADO.NET) required
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Unit Test Frameworks a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Track record of superior performance
- Comfortable absorbing new technologies quickly
- Passion to build great software
- Experience with Visual Studio, Git, and developer toolchains (such as node, npm, Grunt, Gulp or Webpack) a plus
- Comfortable writing SQL queries. Experience with SQL Server a plus
We work at NowPow because we care! NowPowers are passionate about our mission and are excited about the opportunities and challenges we face. At NowPow, we cultivate a culture of collaboration and respect, where everyone is a valued team member.
Our people and our culture are important to us and make working at NowPow special. We invest in the self-care of our team and provide competitive benefits to support this. We celebrate our successes every week with a company-wide happy hour on Fridays and recognize those who went above and beyond in their work. Outside of work, we have fun through company events such as laser tag, ice skating and heading to the ballpark for beautiful weather and a baseball game - and look forward to being able to do so again!
We are looking for highly motivated and hard-working individuals to join our team and help us connect health care to self-care. Apply now to join our growing team!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
NowPow is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NowPow evaluates applicants for employment on the basis of qualifications, merit, and work-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, associate activities and general treatment during employment.