Software Engineering Manager at Stellar Technology Solutions () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:26
Software Engineering Manager
Stellar Technology Solutions, LLC is a leading Accounting SaaS platform for Community Foundations and Donor Advised Fund services. We record and store data for financial and IRS reporting along with a fully integrated donor experience.
We are looking for someone with a passion to push innovation, new ideas, and who is energized by tackling new challenges each day. You will be working with an agile team to build the next generation technology stack. This role will be instrumental in helping to continue to build an innovative platform for the company.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you'll be responsible for the development of several engineers. As a leader and manager, you'll handle one or more development teams and help accelerate their execution. As a guide in the development and delivery of online service software and customer growth initiatives, your extraordinary technology skills will help you guide your teams through complex and ambiguous environments towards simple and elegant implementations.
- Own and drive the execution of the development of multiple development streams.
- Lead a group of developers and coordinate with project management, product management, QA, DevOps, other areas of the business, and clients.
- Expertly lead by example and manage a group of developers and technical leads
- Set, maintain, and raise the level of technical excellence across your group and the entire development organization
- Attract and recruit development talent
- Anticipate and prepare for the future - technology, people, culture, and process
- Assist with architecture and design of future systems and ensures that the architectural vision is followed.
- Familiar with API design patterns, pros/cons for them, and how/when to use.
- As an expert in software engineering, utilizes Agile methodology for multiple software projects.
- Coordinates the support of client issues with web applications deployed in production
- Proven engineering management experience of at least 5 people for at least 2 years
- Technical expertise in one or more relevant areas, particularly the design, implementation, and support of web applications or APIs
- Experience with .Net (or Node.js), REST APIs, relational databases (or NoSQL), continuous integration and build pipelines
- A history of establishing teams by developing leaders and recruiting exceptional talent
- The ability to influence an organization through exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to anticipate the future, navigate ambiguity, develop plans, and successfully execute over multiple quarters
- A love of learning, a constant drive for self-improvement and a desire to help everyone be better
Additional Love to Have Skills:
- Experience developing API or distributed services
- Experience building REST APIs with C#, .Net Core, and/or Node.js
- Experience with SQL databases (such as Postgres, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience with NoSQL or document databases (such as MongoDB)
- Experience building secure and performant systems
- Experience working with clients
- Able to explain complex technical knowledge to non-technical people
- Experience with Agile and Agile tools such as JIRA
- Apollo GraphQL APIs
- Distributed stream processing or messaging platforms (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- GIT and/or Bitbucket
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Responsive Web Development using HTML 5 and CSS 3
- Single-Page Applications (SPA) with React and/or Angular 2+
- Fintech background
- SaaS environment
This position is a full-time remote position. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision discounts, 401K, and vacation time. On occasion (and after pandemic restrictions lift), travel may occur for occasional all staff events or meetings on premises in the Stroudsburg, PA office facility or the Austin, TX office facility.
Stellar Technology Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Stellar Technology Solutions is an established/rapidly growing, private software company located in Stroudsburg, PA. Please visit our website for details of our iPhi Software Suite (iPhiTM CoreEnterprise and iPhiTM PrivateViews) http://www.stellartechsol.com