DevOps Engineer at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:27
We’re looking for an Advanced DevOps Engineer to help us shape the future of Xperience Technical Support tooling and automation! We are a driven, creative, and energetic team that works in a flexible and agile fashion to help bridge the gap between product development and product support of enterprise products for the financial market that are used by thousands of Banking operations users every day.
The Xperience Technical Support Team is responsible for the platform delivery of our critical product lines. They automate applications, API’s, and services. The team drives, designs, and implements our DevOps methodology and infrastructure automation.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting both hosted and in-house platforms as well as build, deploy, monitor and scale resources to deliver the User Experience product platform. You will be empowered to identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for deployment, management, and tooling. You’ll stay up to date on the latest development and deployment technologies and bring the latest tools and techniques to achieve optimal results and SLA’s.
Our Infrastructure, Release, and DevOps Engineers assist and guide development teams to build new tooling and automation for deployment and support in a secure and scalable fashion. Emphasizing DevOps and observability, you’ll enable and guide our teams to deploy and monitor their own services.
- Minimum 5 years in enterprise software development (.Net).
- Minimum 3 years of experience deploying and monitoring applications.
- Scripting experience (PowerShell).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Superlative communication skills.
- Solid technical knowledge in automation, configuration management and software development frameworks and methodologies.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum Development frameworks.
- Customer interfacing experience.
- Experience with or knowledge of TFS, visual studio, and/or Azure DevOps.
- Experience with deployments of cloud-based technologies such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of network and application security, network administration, and network storage integration.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting WPF, .NET client server applications deployed to Microsoft Windows environments.
- Troubleshoot system and deployment issues when needed and develop tooling and automation.
- Build-out and maintain multiple platform environments through SDLC.
- You will combine engineering and software development experience and skills to drive best practices, patterns and architectures to maximize the availability, reliability and stability of platforms, processing and delivery of systems.
- Actively participate in creating and adhering to team design and development standards.
- Oversight and management of multiple environments to support software development life cycle and customers.
- Collaborate with architects and software engineers to propose strategies, ideas and technologies.
- Take part in an on-call rotation where you will aid engineering teams in responding to production issues quickly.
- Implement and utilize early warning and alerting technologies to aid in the development of self-healing responses to problems.
- Participate in retrospectives focused on identifying contributing causes. Providing actionable solutions to prevent the issue from recurring and increase service reliability.
- Automate solutions for complex & repetitive problems.
- Create and maintain required technical documentation and architectural decision records.