Senior Full-stack Developer at Snappet (Utrecht, Netherlands)
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:27
Senior Full-stack DeveloperSnappet is looking for a senior full-stack developer. Will you join our team?Improve the learning results of children: that's what we do at Snappet. We develop smart software that enables teachers and children to get the best results. Our software is used in more than 3000 schools across the Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy, the USA, and Spain and is used by more than 300.000 students. We strive to deliver continuous improvements to our products to support all these schools and students.As a senior full-stack developer, you will be part of one of our agile development teams. Each team consists of 5 to 8 team members, developing and innovating specific areas of our platform. You will build APIs and ensure excellent code coverage. You will support juniors and mid-level developers in your team with the complexity and questions they have regarding the work and their growth. Sometimes you'll be required to troubleshoot performance problems and you might have to fix a stored procedure. You won't be put off by complex problems such as processing large amounts of data – after all, our platform handles half a million requests per minute during peak hours.Each sprint you will focus on goals the team wants to achieve. Together with a product owner, scrum master, test- and other engineers, you will build high-quality software, driven by the fact that you will be actively contributing to improving education. At the end of each sprint, we do a review of the results. In addition, we do a retrospective session to look at how it can be improved. We're also continuously improving our developer working environment which consists of DTAP-streets and build servers because we want to release software fast and often.Besides the teamwork, developers regularly experiment and learn new technologies and collaborate on this with others. We have monthly 'pizza sessions' where devs get together and share knowledge on all things, tech or fun - Snappet provides beer and pizza. Once every year Snappet organizes the dev-summit, a multi-day even for knowledge- and teambuilding in an inspiring environment.The ideal candidate:
- Relevant higher education or university degree.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience developing.NET (web) applications.
- In-depth knowledge of C# and the. NET-framework.
- Strong in OO-programming, unit testing, design patterns, and SOLID-principles.
- Strong knowledge of database design, performance, and (T) SQL.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery tooling.
- Experience with cloud services like AWS or Azure.
Optional: experience with Android and/or mobile development is a plus.Please note; just because you're not our ideal candidate doesn't mean we're not interested. You are welcome for an interview and are invited to convince us!A coding challenge is part of the interview (although you can do it at your own leisure after the interview).Frameworks, languages, and tools used by our teams include:
- .NET Core, C#.
- Angular, TypeScript and Node.js.
- Amazon Web Services (including Lambda and ECS).
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Azure DevOps, TeamCity, Git, SonarQube, NewRelic, Raygun.
What we offer:
- Personal training budget.
- Plenty of room for own input.
- Working with experienced colleagues.
- Flexible working hours.
- Office right next to Utrecht central station.
- An arcade cabinet and foosball table.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please mail to