Lead Build Tools Engineer New IP at Creative Assembly (Horsham, UK)
Location: Horsham, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:28
We have an excellent opportunity for a developer to join the team as a Lead Build Tools Engineer working on our new FPS IP at our studio in Horsham, based in heart of Sussex, England.In this exciting role, you will lead the Build Tech team, being the first point of contact for the Dev team and Dev ops for improvements to the build, CI and deployment systems. You will also collaborate with IT to ensure that the hardware for distributed build systems can match demand.Key Responsibilities In this role, you will be vital to the development and release of major AAA titles. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining the systems that package and deploy builds, run tests and other automated tasks. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Have overall responsibility for the tech designs, plans and schedule for your team.
- Be crucial in keeping the development team working without blockages, bug free and as efficiently as possible.
- Be forward-thinking, pro-active and autonomous in your problem-solving and communication.
- Need to be open, friendly, and approachable with the ability to collaborate and communicate with developers across the team from all disciplines.
- You will also lead and develop your direct reports with regular one to ones, training and day to day support. In this role, you will also be involved with recruitment and selection on the project where relevant.
Typical tasks you will be carrying out will vary from extensions to Unreal Engine code (C++), scripts to support CI and all related systems (C#, Python, batch files), dashboard UIs (C#/web development), all the way to working with store APIs (e.g. Steamworks) to manage builds.Knowledge, Skill and ExperienceEssential
- Excellent C++ skills
- Excellent in C# and the .NET ecosystem
- Experience in scripting languages, such as Python or Powershell
- Approachable, friendly, and confident in decision making who can communicate well with dev team at all levels
- Experience mentoring and developing staff in a fast-paced working environment
- Good working knowledge of version control software – e.g. Perforce or Git
- Experience at a Senior position in Tools or Build for a released AAA game.
- Administering CI systems such as Jenkins or Teamcity
- Experience using UE4
- Experience with Database systems such as SQL, Elastic Search or MongoDB
- Experience with post launch title support
- Console development experience