Software Technical Lead at Red Rock Tech Solutions, LLC (Denver, CO)
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:28
We are looking for a great Software Technical Lead who is well-rounded and passionate about improving the effectiveness of our solutions as they relate to the transportation industry, business needs, Product Owners, management and technical teams, and anything else they do. You will be expected to know how to do lots of stuff (or to learn quickly) – boredom should not be a problem.
Our TLs are expected to cover a broad range of responsibilities including tactical engineering management, engineering input for Product Owner, creating shovel ready specifications, researching technologies, and investigating issues for a small number of engineering teams. The TLs are involved in all stages of the development pipeline and are critical contributors to our success.
Team Size / Dynamics
- You will be working with a small, distributed team: Developers, QA Engineers, Product Owners, & other technical team members (DBAs and Systems-groups)
- We are collaborative workers, using Kanban boards for task management and regular stand-up meetings for coordination
- We are heavily invested in Microsoft technologies with Azure, .NET & .NET Core, Service Fabric, SQL Server, CosmosDB, and Azure Functions serving as the foundation for our systems
- We maintain & develop solutions on a variety of platforms, including mobile, web, and desktop applications
- Detail technical solutions that support enterprise growth & scalability
- Function as liaison between product & development teams
- Drive software implementation, validation & deployment
- Review, analyze & evaluate user/business needs
- Validate high-level requirements
- Recommend enhancements & additions to incorporate into our products/services
- Assist with design for new/updated user interfaces
- Investigate, articulate, & follow up with user-reported defects
- 3+ years of experience in Software Tech Lead/Scrum Master related roles
- Experience analyzing & translating user needs into technical requirements
- Experience with product development/specification creation
- Solid understanding of software development processes, methodologies, and best practices
- Ability to work constructively with developers, QAEs, IT, and Product Owners towards a common goal
- Experience with requirements traceability
- Experience with Cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems such as git
- Experience with Continuous Integration environments such as Azure DevOps
- Experience with transportation related technologies
The other requirements (hard to quantify, but important nonetheless):
- Being passionate is important as the solutions you vet help support our aggressive growth within a company. We want you to own the projects you work on and make them the best they can be. Transportation is an exciting field, and we are looking for somebody who can get excited about transforming it.
- We need somebody who communicates well. Being able to communicate well in the English language, both written and verbal, is important. You will be working with end users & company management in addition to developers & technical team members.
- We require a willingness to adapt and learn. Nobody knows everything, and we don't expect you too either. You will need the ability to pick things up quickly and be nimble in your approach.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401K Plan (with Employer Match), Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation.
Red Rock Tech Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer