Senior Software Engineer at ComplyAdvantage (Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
Location: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:28
We are looking for a driven, talented Senior Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions, which help organizations fight financial crime! We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. You will join the AML Screening and Monitoring team, being involved in developing systems at scale and handling large volumes of data.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $88m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers’, Index Ventures and Balderton Capital.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry’s leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor
We are looking for an expert engineer to join our AML Screening and Monitoring team. You’ll have experience developing systems at scale and handling large volumes of data.
- Responsible for working with the engineering and product teams to design, implement and support features and components for our screening platform.
- Responsible in developing various REST framework services handling large volumes of data
- You will iterate over the existing codebase to enhance with new components or refactor into discrete sub-components/services in order to address some of the enterprise-grade requirements
- You will work with databases at scale and provide solutions as appropriate
- Effectively communicate the relevant updates and queries with other stakeholders (designers, delivery and product team and other development teams)
- Understand, extend and modify complex logic with many technical dependencies and consequences
- You will be a strong believer in DevOps and are comfortable with getting into the details of infrastructure and deployment
- You will own your code - you build it, you ship it, you run it - and you will be a champion of this throughout the team or teams you work with
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to more junior engineers and help them to become as good as you are
What does success look like after 3 months?
- You will have a clear overview of the screening platform codebase and components that your squad will be working on
- You will have developed a strong understanding of the underlying systems and infrastructure that support our platform; and will be capable of maintaining and configuring this infrastructure (K8S, Kafka)
- You have made several high-quality, tested contributions to the code-base that is in use by clients on production environments
- You have supervised other team members and provided them with the support and coaching for them to grow
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Extensive knowledge of data structures, algorithms, complexity and optimization strategies
- Primary coding experience in one of the JVM based language (Java, Kotlin), Python, C++, C#, .NET.
- Experience with MongoDB, ElasticSearch or some other distributed data storage system
- Exposure to designing enterprise-grade applications
- Experience working with cloud-based systems and ideally be familiar with cloud technologies and containers
- Strong understanding of code development principles and practices, including source control, code reviews, testing, etc.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to a team (2-5 people), mentor and coach them in skills development
- Most likely minimum degree-level education in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant
The benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include the below;
- Medical Insurance - Regina Maria
- Meal tickets - 15 RON / day
- Training budget - 2000 pounds/year (prorated)
- Work From Home policy
- Unlimited time off
- Stock options