Application and Data Manager at Electrical Safety Authority (Mississauga, ON, Canada)
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:29
ESA is seeking an experienced IT Professional for the role of Application and Data Manager to join and support our growing IT Team.
About the Job
The Application and Data Manager will provide direction and guidance to data management and analytics staff. They will manage the development, enhancement and support of all ESA business applications incl. built in SAP, .NET, Java and SaaS products. They will do this by assessing and supporting technology applications, managing staff and assigning and scheduling work. They will be a team leader on complex applications and initiatives and be expected to provide expert consultive advice to business owners and stakeholders. They will be active in the decision making process within the IT department.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
· Competitive Salary
· Defined Benefit Pension Plan
· Dental Care
· Disability Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Extended Health Care
· Life Insurance
· Vision Care
· Wellness Program
The ESA is one of Ontario's leading employers. If you choose to join our team, you will be entering a safety and development focused environment where we will care about YOU as a member of our team and as an individual. We take care of members of our team with an industry-leading benefits package and a defined-benefit pension plan, not to mention our competitive salaries.
We will help you build on your strengths, appreciate your diversity, provide opportunities for your development and challenge you to be your best. We will make sure you are clear on your accountabilities and have the right resources, systems and tools to achieve and succeed in your role.
1. Manages the Data and Application team. This includes supervision, performance management, work assignments, quality oversight, training, hiring, and more.
2. Leads application and data technology product acquisition activities and provides strategic advice. Negotiates and manages third-party suppliers and vendor's committed service levels in delivering services with budget oversight.
3. Leads, coordinates and manages application development, support and enhancement activities to support business needs as well as current applications including EPM, SAP Suite, Fieldworker, NOLA/SAFE, Intranet, SaaS, etc. Prepares and Conducts or participates in planning and review meetings. Prepares and reviews specifications, proposals, investigative reports, business case documents, design documents, maintenance documentation, operating instructions, and user manuals.
4. Acts as a team leader on projects requiring complex technical application and data knowledge. Delegates the accountability for various tasks to appropriate subject matter experts on his/her team or external contractors. Coordinates assigned project work activities including coordination with other departments.
5. Application Configuration and Business expert lead for SAP Suite of products. Responsible for application configuration, setup, maintenance and documentation. Ensures application integration with existing ESA systems.
6. Provides direction and oversight for ongoing application and data development initiatives meeting functional and non-functional business requirements.
7. Participates actively in all IT management activities as part of the IT leadership team.
8. Carries out duties related to Application Ownership incl. oversight over application licensing, patching, budgeting, support, etc.
9. Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent. Extra specialized training is an asset.
- At least 8 years of experience working in IT.
- Ability to implement and modify a range of business applications and data infrastructure.
- Requires business experience sufficient to discuss business problems and recommend application solutions.
- Strategic and tactical thinking in the IT Business context.
- Ability to coach, train and coordinate a small team of IT professionals.
- Ability to present consice and informative information to non-IT business professionals.
Please apply on our website at https://esasafe.com/careers/