Lead SDET Consultant at AIM (Seattle, WA)
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:30
AIM Consulting is an award-winning industry leader in technology consulting and solutions delivery. AIM’s differentiation is our collaborative engagement model that provides cross-functional results. We work with clients, shoulder to shoulder, for one goal – their success. Founded in 2006, with offices in Seattle, Minneapolis, Denver, Houston, and Chicago, we are ranked among the fastest-growing private companies and best companies to work for due to a long track record of success with our partners and consultants.
AIM connects, inspires, and empowers our customers by leveraging our world-class team of consultants to help solve their critical business challenges, drive innovation, and produce results that exceed expectations.
Our Motto: Teamwork. Attitude. Discipline.
We are looking to bring on a skilled SDET leader to our Seattle Application Development practice.Our approach to application development is team-centric and holistic from architecture and design to building high-quality, automated, cloud-enabled custom applications, helping clients modernize their software development processes and methodologies along the way. We have a highly flexible engagement model allowing clients to engage our software development experts in project-based solutions, through our managed services, as individual contributors or via distributed development team(s).
Day-to-day you will:
- Provide thought leadership, mentorship and play a critical part in growing our organization
- Work with our sales team by creating Powerpoints, research and proof of concepts
- Provide exceptional verbal and written communication – Effective communication with your project team as well as internal and external stakeholders is paramount. Being able to share successes / challenges and work progress is the bar. Good documentation and timely updates to tasks.
- Communicate early, meet commitments, and accurately estimate project timelines
- Stride to continuously learn and improve, identify risks, maintain quality work and take ownership
- Assume multiple roles and work within a flexible mentality while working individually and on a team
- Create statements of work
- Play a key role in our hiring and interviewing process
- Organize and lead discussions and events within the community as well as help other consultant achieve their career goals
- Leadership experience - AIM consultants are expected to be thought leaders in their field, and a lead consultant is expected to guide and manage those leaders
- Expert test automation skills developing automation frameworks and platforms.
- AIM test stacks use tools including Cucumber/Gherkin, Rest-Assured, Selenium, Jasmine, TestNG and nUnit/jUnit
- Candidate will have deep experience writing test automation from scratch using our technologies and have a nuanced perspective on the advantages and disadvantages of different stacks and techniques
- Expert software testing skills
- Candidate will have a strong grasp and real world experience in functional testing, performance testing, security testing
- Candidate will know the test pyramid model and understand how to pragmatically apply it to a project
- Candidate will use equivalency classing, pairwise testing, bounds checking, concurrency testing, and other essential techniques of software quality assurance and testing
- Strong project management skills
- Candidate will have significant experience participating in agile and scrum project management
- Candidate will understand how the test function fits into the cadence and deliverables of sprints and will naturally make concrete and detailed commitments and deliver on them consistently
- Candidate will believe that high quality planning, management and testing ultimately accelerates project velocity and works hard to demonstrate that every sprint
- BS in computer science or other technical field
- Sales or other customer facing experience
- Experience participating in highly public and / or open source projects
- Experience in community engagement, hackathons, meetups, and other events
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.