BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ENGINEER at FELFEL (Zürich, Switzerland)
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:30
Start: As soon as possible
Location: Zürich, Switzerland, 100%
THE FELFEL TECHNOLOGY TEAM & YOUR IMPACT:
Nice to meet you!
A quick introduction on who we are: FELFEL is a fast-growing start-up in Zürich, Switzerland, who has revolutionized food in offices in the last 5 years. The product? An intelligent fridge that is placed in over 500 companies where employees can purchase food from the best local chefs via an app or badge. An awesome customer journey and the freshness of the food differentiate it from a traditional vending machine (see picture on www.felfel.ch).
Today, we are 100 employees with a strong vision on how to grow and make life better at the office, particularly with strong technology involved.
FELFEL’s 13 engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how thousands of users consume food at offices. Our product needs to handle information at massive scale and make sure over 100’000 people get their meal of choice at any time of the day.
Your impact will have no limit: together with our CTO and our founder Emanuel and the management team, you will build the ground for our growth in the coming years and make sure our customers have an awesome experience with FELFEL.
OUR TECH STACK:
Our main backends are written in C# / .NET and Python 3, using the Django library (for web app and ORM). We have a diverse microservices landscape, which are written in Python 3 and are using flask + SQLalchemy as well as Django. Our fridges are running on a custom Android board running an Android application to serve the POS user interface. It interfaces with various peripherals via USB and GPIO (temperature sensor, NFC reader, door lock).
We run on Azure/Docker/Kubernetes and configure and auto-deploy our applications with helm and flux. Data is stored in Postgres and SQL Server and we use various queuing/messaging tools (Pusher, RabbitMQ, Kafka). For analytics and BI, we rely on Tableau and use logz.io’s ELK stack to analyze our application logs and telemetry.
THE CHALLENGE / YOUR ROLE:
- Drive the design and implementation of our BI and Analytics landscape by owning end-to-end BI projects across business units, creating dashboards and reports, replacing legacy analytics, implementing a data mart for super-users and establishing our data warehouse as the single source of truth for analytics
- Work with management to prioritise business intelligence needs, identify opportunities for process improvements and drive BI adoption across the business units
- Support our business units in defining relevant KPIs and visualisations and enable them to understand, explore and analyse relevant data and take data-driven business decisions
- Drive the learning and development of Tableau skills and data analysis knowledge across business units and enable superusers to create their own reports as self-service.
- Continuously improve and maintain our data analytics platform to ensure its functionality, scalability, uptime and security
- High availability: our systems run all day, you take responsibility for live production systems with 24x7 uptime, gain cross-system expertise and manage office-hour incident support on a duty-engineer’s rotation - additionally there is the option to participate in 7x24 on-call support with attractive time compensation.
YOUR TECHNOLOGY SKILLS:
- Significant experience in designing and implementing BI solutions using business intelligence tools (preferably Tableau) and proven experience as a BI Developer
- In-depth understanding of relational databases, SQL and ETL (extract, transform, load) pipelines
- Strong skills in statistics and reporting
- Preferably experience with (software) engineering and running production solutions as well as experience with data analytics and processing libraries (e.g. Python with numpy, pandas)
- Preferably a university degree in a relevant field of study
WHAT ELSE WE WISH FOR:
- Analytical mindset and an excellent communicator
- A serious get-things-done attitude
- Customer-oriented and openness to work with many different stakeholders in the organisation
- Flair for design, usability and user experience
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Improvement is part of your routine. You identify shortcomings quickly and own the process to making them better
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You never smell like cigarettes and don’t smoke during the day: FELFEL is about healthy living
- EU/EFTA or Swiss work permit is a must
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Lots of good (like really good ;)) food: Just steps away from your desk – we make all food dreams come true...
- Barista: Our office barista makes fresh coffee & tea for the whole team every day: be it Cappuccino, Americano, Espresso, Chai or Matcha – whatever you prefer the most!
- Holidays: Enjoy 5 weeks of holidays every year
- Birthday retreat: Take a half day off work to enjoy your birthday
- Transport: We encourage employees to use public transport by financing the half-fare card
- Family: FELFEL is a family business with strong values. We support parenting by giving 3 weeks of holidays for new dads, 16 weeks for new mums, and paying for up to two days per week of child care
- People: A great international & diverse team (20 different nationalities!). We are selective – and only hire the best chess players, cooks or video gamers ;)
- Location: We are located in the heart of Zurich - on the top floor in a bright, open office with significant focus space too
- Entertainment: Even in Corona times we have a lot of fun together as a team and as colleagues. We have virtual wine tastings and an absolutely proven security concept, which allows us to eat together in the office. When Corona is over, we "offer" various events: team aperos, sledding trips, breakfast events, joint cooking events and the well-known FELFEL Summer-outings.
- Awesome customers: We have great, open customers that love to provide feedback and engage with us.
- Transfer help: Should you move from a different country to support us, we are happy to support you.
HOW YOU APPLY:
Please apply directly via careers.felfel.ch by clicking on the Button "Apply for this position".
We can only consider complete applications submitted via form. We will get back to you latest 72 hours after your application.
What do we need?
- a short cover letter explaining why you are the right fit for this role
WHO WE ARE, THE FELFEL COMPANY:
FELFEL revolutionizes how people eat at work with smart technology. Our intelligent fridge makes it possible - good food all day long for employees at work, created by the best local chefs.
Over 100'000 employees at more than 500 companies in Switzerland already benefit from a FELFEL fridge at work. FELFEL is a family-owned company and supports small, local producers in Switzerland. Sustainability is a core company value. The company has won several prestigious awards, among others the Swiss Economic Forum Award in 2017. The company was founded in 2013 and counts over 100 employees today. Friendship, respect, 'eating good food together' are key elements of our company culture. You can find more insights on the company and the team on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and of course our website.