Technical Leader at DraftKings (Kyiv, Ukraine)
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:31
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more fun with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and think you will too.
In April 2020, we combined with SBTech, award-winning sports betting product provider, to create the only vertically integrated pure-play sports betting and online gaming company based in the United States.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
What is our technical challenge?
Building high throughput API for bet processing based on extensive distributed system. Combining the tough business requirements with wide variety of technological challenges related to scale, low latency processing, high volumes of data.
What is our tech stack?
We extensively use .NET Core and microservices approach. From the code perspective – C#/OOP used as our main driver. We will help you learn distributed systems design in high load environments.
For persistency layer we utilize different approaches: Mongo for high volume and query extensive layer, Aerospike for low latency, hot set searches. All this enriched with transport layer on top of durable distributed transaction log – Kafka.
We ship our platform on top of Docker and K8s deployment flavor.
The system performance visibility layer is utilizing industry standards technological stack – ELK for logging, Influx + Grafana for performance metrics, and so on.
Sounds good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Technical Leader:
- Building and managing agile team, while keeping a balance between delivery and quality aspects
- Technical guidance and ownership over the team products end-to-end – from design to production
- Working with product owners/architects to build services and related workflows
- Building and implementing testing methodologies to guarantee system quality and performance standards
- Building and constantly improving CI/CD processes
What skills you will use:
- Excellent knowledge of C# (Core framework experience)
- Practical experience with TPL, async, concurrent data structures, immutable data structures
- Profiling and optimizations, GC and memory management
- Working experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, scale options, availability, eventual consistency
- Can design REST services, implement pull and push(WebSocket, SSE) approaches
- Understanding of large scale, distributed systems, microservices architecture, business transactions
- Experience building event-driven architectures: messaging, consumer patterns, CQRS, Event Sourcing
- Experience in implementing telemetry, business and technical metrics, distributed tracing
- Ability to “challenge” architecture and design, propose improvements
- Understanding of Automation processes related to R&D cycle
- You enjoy working with intelligent and energetic teams of people
- Good English both verbal and written
WHY JOIN OUR DREAM TEAM?
We love working with talented people, but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly, and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
THE COMPANY OFFERS EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- Being a part of an international team focused on excellence in product development
- Comprehensive health insurance + gym
- Team building and fun activities
- High end modern office facilities
- Dynamic and friendly work environment
- Open and transparent communication
- Long term career growth opportunities
- Professional growth, extra education opportunities and cross-locations knowledge sharing
- English classes
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.