Engineering Manager at CommBank (Northbridge, Australia)
Location: Northbridge, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:32
- Transform our technology platforms
- Lead the way in the best Engineering practices
- Help define technical strategy and cloud enabled solutions.
Do work that matters
Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA) has recently announced that it has entered into an agreement with Nomura Research Institute (NRI) to acquire Australian Investment Exchange Ltd (AUSIEX), the wholesale arm of the CommSec business. AUSIEX currently trades under the brand name CommSec Adviser Services. NRI are one of Japan’s leading business consulting and technology solutions firms with aspirations to become the market leader in wholesale broking and portfolio administration services in Australia. The transaction includes the sale of the AUSIEX licence, broking operations and assets to NRI and is expected to complete by the first half of 2021. As this role is a role to work in the AUSIEX business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but, at the time of sale completion, their employment will transfer to NRI.
The acquisition offers AUSIEX a real opportunity to build an independent fintech business focussed on delivering long-term value for institutional and advised clients. NRI have great ambitions to grow the business and is focused on empowering its employees
See yourself in our team
Well, what an exciting time to join us! Reporting to the Head of Business IT you’ll be joining a passionate and innovative business. Leading the way our Engineering teams drive best practice through transformational change, be an advocate for Agile ways of working and facilitate the delivery of an exciting business investment strategy.
What will you be doing
As a software engineering leader, you’ll oversee the transformation of our platforms, with a strong focus on design, architecture, mobility, cloud transformation and Microsoft technologies.
You’ll be creating and leading high performance teams in the AUSIEX Technology Services so we can delight customers with the best consultative services and technology solutions.
- Provide technical leadership in deliveries as a participant and/or as a mentor
- Facilitate delivery of an exciting business investment strategy
- Help define technical strategy and cloud enabled solutions
- Influence Product Owners to help innovate and increase the value of their products
- Allocate the right engineering skilled resources to the Squads to deliver their initiatives
- Uplift the skill profile of engineering members through coaching, training and leading
We’d love to hear from passionate software engineering leaders experienced in
- Software Engineering, ideally with experience in Agile Software Development in either Java or Microsoft technologies
- Managing and leading technical teams.
- Modernisation and cloud technologies
- Mobile app development.
- Solution design / architecture and documentation
- Familiar with SDLC
- Scrum/Kanban methodologies Software Release Management, source repository management and a deep understanding of related concepts such as branching, merging, hooks, etc.