Senior Angular Engineer at LimeSpot (Vancouver, BC, Canada) (allows remote)
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:01:46
Would you like to:
- Love what you do and the people you’re doing it with?
- Do the best work of your career?
- Belong to an amazing and fun group who want to do - and are *already* doing - big things?
- Be part of exciting work with a meaningful mission as we build and grow our products, our team, and ourselves together?
- Know that your work is being used by - and benefitting! - literally millions of people?
At LimeSpot, the above is not an aspirational fantasy; it’s our reality! And we’d love you to consider being part of that reality with us.
LimeSpot is currently looking for someone to complement our expanding team of Senior Software Engineers, with a focus on front-end technologies. As 90% of our front-end code is currently in Angular, a solid level of knowledge/expertise in Angular is understandably a requirement for this role.
- Becoming an integral contributor to the frontend and user interfaces of all of our products, including some new ones
- Being part of - and potentially driving/owning - some exciting big picture/big deal technical directions and organizational initiatives
- A good eye for user interfaces and delightful user experiences
- Obsessive attention to details (20+ years)
- SOLID (get it?) understanding of TypeScript and Reactive programming principles with rxjs (3+ years) and 6+ years of overall experience with web technologies
- Experience with ngrx
- Experience with Angular Material (2+ years)
- Desire for the writing of testable code (we use Cypress)
- Enjoyment of the company of other human beings from time to time
- Loving Git or other modern source control paradigms (we use Git + GitHub)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Well organized and self-motivated
Some nice to haves (Seriously, they’re "nice to haves", not hard requirements! If you don’t have these, you will definitely have most of them by the time you conclude your run with us):
- Knowledge of C# and Microsoft Web API - this is a front-end focused role; however, having the ability to go “full-stack” if needed is definitely a massive bonus
- Familiarity with the “branch-per-feature” model of source control organization
- Familiarity with microservices architectures and distributed systems
- Previous e-commerce domain experience
- An engaging smile
- Familiarity with cloud-based services
- Openness to spontaneous high-fiving (on Zoom!) or fist bumping as appropriate for candidate comfort level
- 100% remote culture
- Fun and friendly startup culture, working with like-minded and talented people who will fast become your friends
- The opportunity to be a meaningful contributor to our architecture and technical designs
- Flexible Work Hours
- Flexible Vacation and Paid Time Off
- Competitive Salaries
- Stock Option
- Extended Medical Insurance (Dental, Vision, etc.)
- Diverse Team
- A very nice Vancouver Gastown transit-accessible office space with fantastic natural lighting
We welcome candidates throughout Canada. The current team is predominantly located on the west coast so while we’re open to candidates in multiple time zones and will honor their working hours, individuals in other time zones will be expected to periodically be available PT hours.