Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Location: Remote (USA only)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:01
We are a remote-first, office-optional team. You are invited to do the best work of your life from anywhere within the USA.
At Animoto, we have always believed video is the most powerful form of communication. The pandemic has made this more true than ever. Small businesses face unprecedented challenges in connecting with their audiences, as consumers are also challenged to connect with friends and family. Video can bring us together.
That’s why our mission is to help anyone make a powerful, professional video. We make best-in-class, easy-to-use web and mobile video creation apps, with pre-built narrative templates and stunning video styles, that help our customers customize their own engaging videos to share on social media and beyond.
Over the next three years, we have a mission to make video creation faster, easier, and more fun, on any device, in ways that have never been done before.
We are looking for a senior full stack engineer to join our product application teams. You will be working closely with the product, design mobile and other full-stack engineers to help propel our award-winning video creation service to the next level. You will be developing a responsive, elegant web experience and pioneering the next generation of video creation software.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a team of engineers and product designers to develop new features while iterating and improving the existing experience
- Build efficient and reusable React components and services using NodeJS and Ruby on Rails
- Ensure high standards in architecture discussions, code reviews, and provide technical leadership
- Advocate for best practices, great usability, and exceptional quality
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of professional experience building front-end web applications
- Experience with server-side web frameworks
- Client-side performance and optimization experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Excellent communication and organization skills
What we offer:
- Opportunities for professional growth
- 100% covered health insurance
- Contribution to 401k
- $600 as part of our subscriptions perk
- Remote work setup
- Bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Thursdays, Focus Fridays
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
Please note that we are not currently sponsoring visas.
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.