AI Specialist / Machine Learning Engineer (m/w/d)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:01
We're Element 84 and we're taking on some of the biggest challenges in software: petabyte search, consumer streaming, and Earth science repositories, just to name a few. We are a team of gamers, musicians, artists, pitmasters, pilots, and tinkerers and we think you might have fun helping us solve some big problems. Element 84 was founded by husband-and-wife engineers and has grown into a skilled group of developers, designers, project managers, and a business team that builds high performance systems for some of the biggest corporate and government clients in the world. Our main office is located in Alexandria, VA but we support a large remote workforce from Michigan to Texas and Pennsylvania to California.
The Element 84 Cloud Based Metrics team develops data pipelines to supply geospatial data archive centers with relevant metrics collection dashboards to aid in their transition to the cloud. The Cloud Based Metrics team is an established and high performing agile team working in the Scaled Agile Framework methodology.
This requirement is for a software engineer to assist in the development and maintenance of data pipelines for a Cloud Based Metrics System, facilitating data through the ingest process to dashboard visualizations, utilizing AWS services and the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana).
Permission to work in the United States without sponsorship is required; All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening.
- Ability to effectively scope work from end user’s data reporting goals.
- Ability to administer Elasticsearch cluster including cluster/shard sizing, reindexing and debug common problems arising from running a self managed multi-tenant cluster.
- Ability to write data pipelines to parse logs using Logstash plugins.
- Ability to create graphs and dashboards in Kibana to meet end user reporting requirements and debug problems with data visualization.
- Experience with AWS services such as Cloudformation, EC2, Kinesis, Lambda, SQS, Cloudwatch and S3.
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Familiarity with log formats from various AWS services such as S3 server access , Cloudfront distribution, Lambda execution, ELB, Container execution etc.
- Experience with Kibana Query Language, Lucene Query Language, and/or Querydsl
- Desire to become an AWS Certified architect / engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (preferred)
Paying attention to who we are -- as a company, as people, as family members, friends, and colleagues, is probably the biggest part of who we are. There are lots of ways to run a company and you have probably experienced more than your share. For us, it's wanting to come to work, being around people we enjoy, taking on big things with people you trust, and sharing our achievements as a team.
- You’ll get credit when things go right and we’ll have your back when things go wrong.
- We only take on work that is challenging and right for us. There are projects we will turn down and the team has a say.
- We may be a small company, but we have big company benefits meant to support the idea that we're here for the long term and that happiness comes from much more than just where you work, including 401k, health & dental insurance, life & disability insurance, flexible schedule, cell phone stipend, flexible spending accounts for transportation and dependent care and a generous PTO policy.
We have an extraordinary retention rate because we only hire extraordinary people. We hope that’s you.
Element 84 is an equal opportunity employer, with a company culture that values diversity. We embrace inclusivity and believe that diversity of thought, perspective, and experience helps us reach higher and think bigger. Element 84 is committed to hiring the best person for the team and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. If you are interested in joining us, we want to hear from you!
Apply now by using the application form.