Senior Back End Engineer (Node.js) at Lendi (Sydney, Australia)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:04
Lendi is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help one of our product teams. In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australian homeowners transparency, simplicity and convenience in their home loan experience.
Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
What you’ll be doing:
We value evidence-backed opinions and as a valued member of our engineering team you will have the opportunity to play an integral part in influencing the engineering team’s rhythm, culture and processes with opportunities of impacting architecture and design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Mentoring a talented team of engineers
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Work with our Product/UX team to imagine the visual and interaction patterns appropriate for our customers.
- Building robust, scalable software as a key member of our engineering team
- Developing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional agile team
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in written form
- Develop Rest APIs using NodeJS
- Helping to drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, resource allocation, design, coding, deployment, and support
- Guiding less experienced engineers
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team
- Owning the code you and your team build, which means supporting debugging, monitoring and alerting in production
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- Strong experience with NodeJS (we use Typescript) and associated technologies
- Good understanding of event driven systems (Kafka)
- Experience in containerization (Docker)
- RESTful Services experience and the ability to align API contracts with other teams
- Demonstrated belief in TDD unit, integration, performance, and end-to-end (functional) tests
- A strong grasp on best practices and the ability to guide and mentor other members on the team
- A passion for building automated, fault tolerant and reliable applications
- A “you build it, you own it” mentality
- The ability to work productively as part of an agile team
- A desire to continually improve the way that you and your team work
- Proficient understanding of Git and source code management tools (one of; Bitbucket, GitHub, etc)
- High levels of commercial acumen, communication skills & proactive in identifying areas for improvement.
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
- Frontend experience in React
- Knowledge of Banking and/or mortgages
- Knowledge of AWS specifically IAM, S3 and DynamoDB
- Understanding of event-driven systems
- Has exposure to automation and continuous delivery
Benefits and perks:
- At Lendi we take career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it!
- Flexible working arrangements
- A week's additional annual leave after 3 years' service
- Regular social and team building activities
Lendi is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.