(Senior) Software Engineer (m/f/d) at Charles GmbH (Berlin, Germany)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:06
What will you do?
Charles is looking for experienced Backend developer with a passion for high product quality. As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for creating scalable technical solutions that brings effective and personal customer engagement and help our clients grow their business.
Furthermore, you will:
- Build relevant services to process and fulfil commerce-related events, triggered by end-consumers, human agents or a chat-bot
- Build a meta commerce platform: write integrations with major order management systems, customer data platforms, and marketing tools
- Build an an open API that any clients can easily extend our functionality
- Execute automated testing and TDD to ensure that high-quality products are delivered in a stable manner
- Operate what you have built: our no-ops B2B SaaS on containers wants to run standalone, while being very introspectable
- Set up and develop a data architecture to serve AI use cases
- Collaborate with frontend development, UX design and operations to build an intuitive user experience in conversational commerce
- Partner with product owners to develop a thorough understanding of clients’ user flows and problems, and devise robust technical decisions
- Help shape and promote sound engineering practices and software development processes in an agile, fast-paced environment
What skills will make you and us successful?
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or any other related quantitative field or other relevant experience.
- You have profound knowledge in relevant programming languages: Node.js (as our default), Go, Rust, Python, C++, and similar
- You have exposure and/or interest in SQL and NoSQL wizardry: PostgreSQL (default for apps), Redis
- You are experienced and are open to work in DevOps, think API first and deliver continuously
- You are keen to work on development in a highly efficient, scalable and delivery-oriented environment (CI/CD, Automated Testing, cloud environments, etc.)
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems: we integrate with AI and offer novel interfaces, and combine them with traditional software
- Ability to empathize with a variety of clients. You can iterate with users and non-technical stakeholders and understand how your technical decisions impact them