Senior Front End Engineer (React) at Lendi (Sydney, Australia)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:06
Lendi is Australia's #1 home loan platform and we're building technology to take the hard work out of home loans. We're passionate about how technology can revolutionise our industry and solve a key pain point in peoples' lives.
Lendi is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help one of our product teams. In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australian homeowners transparency, simplicity and convenience in their home loan experience.
Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
What you'll be doing:
- For borrowers, you’ll build a beautiful, intuitive and empowering interface for understanding and selecting the mortgage that is right for their unique situation
- For mortgage professionals, you’ll create an optimised, efficient and transformative set of tools helping them be significantly more productive than their peers
- Develop reusable, flexible UI components using React.
- Develop Rest APIs using NodeJS
- Work with our Product/UX team to imagine the visual and interaction patterns appropriate for our customers.
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Building robust, scalable software as a key member of our core engineering team
- Writing clean, maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines
- Helping to drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, resource allocation, design, coding, deployment, and support
- Guiding less experienced engineers
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team
- Owning the code you and your team build, which means supporting debugging, monitoring and alerting in production
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a Front End Engineer
- A strong interest in usability and design aesthetics
- Experience with CSS-in-JS frameworks (Styled Components, Emotion, etc)
- Experience across the full stack (NodeJs, Koa, React, Webpack, Jest).
- Experience using and developing RESTful APIs.
- Good grasp of basic user experience principles and how to apply technology solutions to enhance UX.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role working in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment on a consumer product.
- High levels of commercial acumen, communication skills & proactive in identifying areas for improvement.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of standards and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / Bitbucket.
- Driven & motivated, with the ability to inform & influence stakeholders at all levels.
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
- Experience building a design system
- Experience with static site generators (NextJS, Gatsby)
- Knowledge of AWS specifically IAM, S3 and DynamoDB
- Understanding of event-driven systems
- Has exposure to automation and continuous delivery
Benefits and perks:
- ‘Flex-first’ working arrangement
- A week’s additional annual leave after 3 years’ service
- Regular social and team-building activities.
Lendi is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.