Virtual Event Backend & DevOps Engineer at Active Theory () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:06
Active Theory is seeking an experienced backend engineer and DevOps hybrid to help build out the underlying tech infrastructure behind our new Dreamwave events platform. We are a small team, so this role is broad and deep covering many areas including multi-user WebSocket servers, cloud ops and server management, backend development in Node.js and Firebase to help shape out platform features.
- Plan, prototype, scope and develop backend components. Requirements can vary significantly with the client, particular creative execution and technical requirements, but ultimately you will be responsible for backend components with each project.
- Learn, champion, and build upon Medusa, our backend framework, to continually improve functionality and maintain reusable modules.
- Manage cloud infrastructure on GCP. Implement reliable auto-scaling solutions. Monitor server resources and usage.
- Support live events and ensure servers are running smoothly, load tested, and optimized for expected traffic.
- Collaborate in small, multidisciplinary teams together with developers, designers, 3D artists, and producers to develop platform and experience backend features, primarily in Node.js and Firebase backend services.
- Work on multiple, quick turnaround projects and frequently iterate on modules and core features with each project.
- Work closely with backend and ops teams to continually evolve, improves practices and processes, and drive the platform forward.
- 3-5 years developing secure, scalable, production ready web applications in Node.js
- Proficient in Cloud Firestore, Firebase Realtime Database and writing security rules.
- Experience working on web applications at scale with high concurrent users.
- Familiar with multiplayer concepts and able to maintain and develop features to both server and client ends of WebSocket applications.
- Experience designing and implementing database schemas for maintainability, performance, and scale.
- Ability to manage your time and communicate effectively while working remotely.
- Ability to work independently and carry a project.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and services, including Firebase - Compute Engine, Cloud Firestore, and security rules, Firebase Realtime Database, Cloud Functions, Cloud Storage.
We are now accepting remote applicants - US or Europe time zone preferred.
Email [email protected] with subject "Dreamwave Backend Developer"