(Senior) Backend Engineer (f/m/d) at Kolibri Games (Berlin, Germany)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: Berlin, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:06
We are Kolibri Games - a mobile games developer from Berlin. Our games have over 100 million downloads and we are on a mission to become the most player-centric games studio out there.We believe in players, creating value, learning, but, most of all, we believe in people. We strive to offer you a fair recruitment process and a great candidate experience, as well as a friendly environment to work in, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Help us bring joy to people, we promise you will have fun by doing so
(Senior) Backend Engineer (f/m/d)If you want to play a key role in a major greenfield project where you have a direct impact on the game experience of millions of players and boost the most successful German mobile gaming company, then this is the right job for you.Operating in-game features, such as seasonal events, for our games in real-time requires a reliable landscape of backend services which scale for millions of players. We are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer who joins our newly formed LiveOps Platform team to establish a platform that meets these demands.
- Build up our LiveOps Platform from scratch to personalise the game experience of our players in real-time.
- Drive the design and implementation of fault-tolerant and resilient backend systems which are available to the world.
- Deploy your code to a state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure that your changes are consistent by establishing automated tests for code, components and systems as a whole.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of backend development.
- Deep familiarity with Node.js (Typescript), Rust or similar general purpose programming languages.
- Thorough understanding of microservice architectures and distributed systems.
- Skilled in working with both relational as well as NoSQL database systems, like PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Azure or a comparable cloud provider.
- Proficient in using Docker for local development and deployment with Kubernetes.
- Self-directed and proactive way of working.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with product managers and engineering peers across teams.
- Professional experience with operating high-throughput live systems for millions of users. If absent, then at least a solid appreciation of the challenges involved is expected.
- Related prior experience in the gaming industry