Senior Backend Developer at Soul Machines Limited (Auckland, New Zealand)
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:07
Soul Machines is changing the face of human computer interaction, and we're seeking skilled engineers to join the team. We're a hugely diverse team of researchers, engineers, artists and more. With staff from all around the globe we welcome applications from anyone who believes they can add value.
We are looking for an experienced backend developer developer to join our production engineering team. You will be part of a mixed group of front-end and back-end developers who are responsible for building and delivering the client-facing web experience for our AI software. We are looking for someone who is passionate about producing high quality user experiences for the web, and who is considerate of balancing company and customer needs with technical requirements.
The Senior backend developer will be responsible for the development of cutting-edge technology which meets best practice guidelines and result in solutions that exceed customer expectations and are delivered quickly, with minimal technical debt
You will contribute developments to the core product family and supporting tool infrastructure . We are looking for detail focused engineers with experience in all major aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design through to unit testing and product maintenance. Good communications skills and a strong teamwork ethic are essential.
- Develop and deliver robust, well tested product features.
- Contribute to the product design and feature estimation.
- Contribute to product documentation and unit testing.
- 7+ years experience developing internet facing solutions and applications
- Extensive experience implementing backend services / microservices in Node.js
- Working experience of unit testing in Node
- Good understanding of FP and OOP
- Experience implementing and using HTTP / REST API’s
- Experience working with a variety of database technologies (SQL & NoSQL)
- Experience using PostgreSQL and Elasticsearch
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and ability to communicate with technical and non technical team members.
- Good knowledge of the AWS platform.
- Experience with containerization of services.
- Experience with WebSockets and WebRTC.
- Skill with a modern browser framework like Angular, Vue or React.
- Linux server management and deployment skills.
- Other programming languages, particularly Golang, Python.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible / remote working
- Monthly massage
- Latest tools and tech
- Birthday day off
- Harbour views if you fancy working from the NZ office