Software Engineer at Joyride Autos () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:08
Joyride is a new marketplace in one of the few overlooked segments left in the automotive industry, unclaimed vehicle auctions. Started by a team of successful entrepreneurs, a few car aficionados, and a talented development team, they had the vision to create the industry-leading online auction platform to make it easy and safe to buy and sell unclaimed vehicles.
Joyride launched in April 2020 after a year of laser-focused brand creation and product development. We are now successfully executing regular online unclaimed vehicle auctions in nine major U.S. cities and expanding into new markets every day. We are a lean, yet impactful team composed of motivated, positive, and collaborative individuals dedicated to making Joyride the leading unclaimed vehicle auction platform.
About the role:
This role is an individual contributor and will report to the lead engineer/architect, working on the Joyride Auto’s auction platform. You'll work with our small teams in the US and Ukraine to build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance. This is a unique opportunity to experience all aspects of building complex software systems ultimately, shipping innovative features to production.
You are a do-er. You enjoy the fast-paced and fluid agenda our customers bring to us. You like bringing ideas to life.
What you’ll do:
- Work with our lead engineer/architect on product features, both front, and back-end
- Work with a team of engineers, both starting projects from scratch and also working within the existing code base
- Provide accurate estimates, evaluate feasibility, and assess new platforms and technologies for project implementations
- 5+ years in full-stack development role
- 3+ years of experience with Javaspript, nodeJS, React
- Hands-on, demonstrated experience with the following concepts:
- Serverless platforms (aws lambda, google cloud platform,etc)
- Real-time, event-driven user interactions, such as messaging or collaboration software
- Mobile-first, webapp focused development
- Bonus points for specific experience in/with:
- Google Firebase (Cloud function, real-time database, etc;)
- Bending traditionally native app features into a webapp
- Image/Camera manipulation on the web
- BS/MS Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent