Ruby on Rails Developer at DemystData (New York, NY) (allows remote)
Location: New York, NY
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:10
Our SolutionDemyst unlocks innovation with the power of data. Our platform helps enterprises solve strategic use cases, including lending, risk, digital origination, and automation, by harnessing the power and agility of the external data universe. We are known for harnessing rich, relevant, integrated, linked data to deliver real value in production. We operate as a distributed team in the US and Asia and serve over 50 clients globally as a strategic external data partner. Frictionless external data adoption within tech forward enterprises is unlocking market growth and allowing solutions to finally get out of the lab. If you like to actually get things done and deployed, versus never ending exploration, Demyst is your new home.
DemystData is looking for a talented developer to join their team. Our smart, friendly, and hardworking team has a wide range of challenging problems that need solving. Ideal candidates will have a software development philosophy that emphasizes automation and reproducibility, and will value engineering software in a way that minimizes the maintenance burden. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys learning new things and who is able to maintain an optimistic outlook while persevering through difficulty. (Not that things are always difficult but you know how programming is!) You'll be expected to show a lot of autonomy and will in turn receive a great deal of support wherever and whenever you need it.
This role is fully remote
- Developing new features on a well-tested Ruby On Rails + React codebase
- Writing SQL queries to support the billing + reporting team
- Architecting solutions in AWS with all kinds of technology, including but not limited to Lambda, S3, IAM, DDB, SQS/SNS, EC2 and much more
- Help maintain old code and write green field code in a variety of languages running in a variety of contexts in AWS
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams around the globe
- Opportunities to grow towards Data Science or UI/UX work as you see fit
- Generous benefits & competitive compensation
- Put your own mark on the process
- Be a part of the exploding external data ecosystem
- Join an established fast growth data technology business
- Collaborative work culture
- 401K and unlimited PTO
DemystData is committed to creating a diverse, rewarding career environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.