Software Engineer at Realtor.com (Austin, TX)
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:10
Are you passionate about modern programming languages, design patterns and scalable architectures? You’ll be right at home here. The Technology team participates in research and development of highly scalable consumer facing applications as well as identifies new technologies and trends and how they might be implemented to enhance our products and business. Work and learn from world-class talent that promotes a culture of experimentation and learning. Use the latest technologies such as Node, React, GraphQL, Flutter and more to accelerate your career growth.
About the role...
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
- Build full stack React/Redux applications that talk to Python API services
- Implement dynamic and interactive pages using ReactJS by consuming REST and GraphQL services.
- Deliver new features to our iOS and Android mobile app using React Native and Flutter
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- 2 or more years experience developing software in one or more object oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Go, Java, Node.js, Dart) and the eagerness to learn more
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering/related field or equivalent professional experience