Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at Koombea (Barranquilla, Colombia) (allows remote)
Location: Barranquilla, Colombia
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:11
Koombea is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join our development team in Colombia or as a remote worker. Your main goal is to build the application models, code the logic behind the user facing components and database of a Web application, focusing on the performance, usability, accessibility and adaptability of the application.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
- Develop a scalable and maintainable Web component architecture.
- Ensure the optimized performance of the Web application.
- Implement the latest best practices and conventions.
- As part of an agile development team, participate in the sprint planning meetings, daily stand ups and follow the agile development process.
- Review, refactor and maintain codebases.
- Deploy web applications to staging and production environments.
- Ensure the quality of the delivered Web application and its code.
- Advanced English Level.
- Basic experience building semantic and accessible HTML, CSS .
- Proficient knowledge of Ruby on Rails any other back-end programming language or frameworks like node.js and Laravel are a plus.
- Experience working with Scrum Teams .
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience using testing frameworks
- Good understanding of linux command line.