Full Stack Developer at DFDS A/S (Copenhagen, Denmark)
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:12
Full Stack Developer
Embark on the journey, empowering the way to an even better way of managing content
You will start out working as a part of a team developing a product that allows content creators to independently implement forms in our marketing site and collect data from these forms, responsible for driving presentation and orchestration for the marketing site and maintaining cross platform UX through supporting our design system and React component library. The work will include both work with React, Gatsby and Contentful on frontend and NestJS, Kafka and DynamoDB on the backend.
In addition to this, you will:
- Be a champion developer and editor experience
- Consume building blocks of our digital identity – DFDS system and shared UI component library.
- Take part and organize hackathons / experiments in exploring next generation technologies and present findings at internal developer community events.
You’ll be part of Technology & Innovation, one of DFDS’ five divisions. It’s the second biggest division in the company, with over 300 people in three European hubs. This is proof of our belief in a digital future. DFDS employs more than 8,000 people on land and sea all over Europe. Read more about us.
Preferred candidate profile
For you, it’s not only about code, but about creating and crafting.We would like to see you have delivered production grade projects using React, GraphQL and Nodejs backend using Typescript. At the same time, you should be adept in applying headless CMS principles and strategies. While backend work will be based on NestJS and Kafka, you are not required to have worked in production with these, however, we will appreciate your willingness to learn.
Preferred personal candidate profile
We create things that help our customers and our business. You’ll need to think that way and be happy working with colleagues who have the same focus.
This means you;
- Have the willingness to work with stakeholders to both understand the bigger picture and figure out details.
- Are not being only about code, instead see it as creating and crafting.
- Are comfortable with presenting work at sprint reviews
- Can support a professional yet relaxed team chemistry
- Are committed to high development standards.
We are an agile company. Experience with agile working is a definite plus. If you don’t have experience, we’ll expect you to tell us why agile appeals to you.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. All applications will be treated confidentially.
The position will be filled as soon as possible.