Cloud Ops Engineer (AWS) at B-Line Medical (Washington, DC)
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:14
B-Line Medical makes software that helps healthcare professionals and educators improve the delivery of healthcare. Focused on the capture, debriefing, and assessment of medical training and clinical events, BÃ¢ÂÂLine Medical specializes in the delivery of robust, yet easy-to-use web-based solutions. Our software has helped over 500 top hospitals, medical schools, and nursing programs in over 35 countries operate and manage their training and QI programs more effectively.
Our Mission is Helping Save Lives.
B-Line Medical is seeking a smart Cloud Ops Engineer with a deep understanding of cloud architecture and operation who is looking to take a step forward in their career. You will be working alongside a strong team of Software Engineers, QA Engineers, and Cloud Ops Engineers helping develop, build, and deploy our industry-leading platform. As a member of the team, you'll be presented with new challenges as you help develop the best product in the industry. Our team culture can be described as creative and passionate, but relaxed. We're engineering-driven from the top down, and will do what it takes to deliver the best product.
Our software platform is a unique mix of technologies as we firmly believe in using the best technology for the job. Our primary tech stack includes ReactJS, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, and each piece of the system is deployed to AWS. We manage most of our ecosystem via Terraform, and leverage myriad AWS products to operate a performant and available system. We are searching for true Cloud Ops Engineers who are able to do more than just configure and maintain our cloud infrastructure; you will help architect changes to infrastructure, applications, and our CI/CD pipeline to bolster our rapidly growing system
We simply love providing a consumer-level customer experience in healthcare, where all the complexities behind the scenes are just that: behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or other engineering disciplines
- 3+ years of experience in cloud operations, with at least one of those years focused on AWS
- Comfort designing, configuring and deploying, and managing complex microservice-based cloud applications
- Solid understanding of the CI/CD process for highly available and scalable applications
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, or another infrastructure-as-code solution
- Experience with Docker, including management and deployment using a scheduler such as the Elastic Container Service or Kubernetes.
- Ability to write basic scripts to simplify or expedite operations
- Like the freedom and responsibility of owning what you're working on.
- Good oral and written communication skills, and a desire to share knowledge and collaborate with others.
- Experience with AWS CDK
- Having a relevant AWS certification
- Solutions Architect Associate
- Sysops Admin Associate
- Developer Associate
- Experience with blue/green, canary, or other low-downtime deployment strategies