Technical Leader at Trafilea () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:15
At Trafilea, we are looking for a Technical Leader with excellent written and oral English skills to join our REMOTE FULL-TIME team. This person is going to proven ability to apply technical operational knowledge and skill to a range of unique business problems. Able to put in practice good coding standards and promote them within the team. Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- New Features: Planning, building and testing new features.
- Processes: Is fluent in agile development and is able to act as a Deputy Scrum Master and encourages agile behaviour within the team.
- Testing: Write unit and integration tests to ensure features do not break. Create new and modify existing SQL schemas, stored procedures and functions used in the database layer. Cooperate efficiently with QA Engineers.
- Technical Design and Discipline: Participate in application design sessions with peer engineers and architects to develop the business and software specifications based on project needs. Propose solutions that address medium to complex problems. Take initiative to drive technical design of the projects. Guide and assist junior and non-senior software engineers. Writes well thought out code that is often readable and maintainable.
- Code Reviews: Perform code reviews and promote good coding practices within the team. Assist in setting code review practices for the team.
- Issues: Investigate and analyze reported defects in a timely manner. Recommend and apply solutions including code changes, data updates or configuration modifications.
- User Experience: Promote optimal user experience in all development.
- Proficiency in SQL and extensive experience with database-driven applications.
- 3+ years experience with Java, C#, C++, Python or NodeJS.
- Strong understanding of modern web applications from a database to the browser.
- Excellent communicator in both technical and non-technical contexts.
- Desire to delight the customer by taking the initiative, responsibility, and ownership of the projects.
- Fundamental awareness of usability.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new complex environments and learn technologies.
- Solid experience writing complex SQL queries, procedures, and views.
- Solid knowledge of architecture and design patterns, Object Oriented Design principles and SOLID principles.