Sr. Software Engineer (Join OCI) at Oracle (Guadalajara, Mexico)
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:16
Oracle is seeking Software Engineers who enjoy solving complex technical and business problems in a collaborative, inclusive and fast-paced agile environment. At Oracle you will be working with a team of highly talented Technology and Engineering professionals who are revolutionizing the delivery of Cloud Services for Enterprise Customers.
Oracle IT provides modern enterprise services to Oracle’s internal businesses and is amid a cloud transformation driving improved agility, performance, availability and security across Oracle’s Enterprise and Development environments. We are looking for passionate, highly motivated, uniquely skilled, “engineering-first” driven individuals to join our team and help build our next generation business platform. If you are looking for an environment that embraces your unbridled ambition for innovating solutions; provides clearly defined objectives and empowers individual growth through direct feedback; values your contributions and is dedicated to supporting your personal development, then Oracle IT is the team for you!
· Collaborate with and across enterprise teams to design, develop, test, implement and support cloud native technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies.
· Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, and mentoring other members of engineering community
· Exhibit end to end ownership of solutions with fully automated devops practices.
· Work with cloud native technologies built on OCI using technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
· Experience in handling large distributed systems, cloud native applications and complex algorithmic programs.
· Engage with Business Managers and Support teams to identify defects and enhancements for the product.
· Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
· Hands-on Full Stack Developer
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· At least 10 years of experience in software engineering on various complex Java, Spring, Spring Boot and/or NodeJs technologies
· At least 2 years of experience with a public cloud service such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or Google cloud (GCP).
· Strong experience in leading, developing and architecting cloud native services using 12 factor app methodology, microservices, containers, kubernetes and CICD.
· Very strong understanding of application performance concepts like scalability, availability and resiliency in cloud environment.
· Experience working in agile and/or SAFe agile environments.
· Strong communication skills including the ability to express complex technical concepts to different audiences in writing and conference calls.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 5+ years of experience in one of the following: Go Lang, Python, Ansible, Angular, React, Scala or Spark
· Solid knowledge of Oracle database and SQL queries.
· Experience to work with offshore teams is a plusDesign, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.