Software Engineer - SRE|DevOps (Join OCI) at Oracle (Guadalajara, Mexico)
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-02-27 05:02:17
Oracle is seeking Software Engineers who enjoy solving complex technical and business problems in a collaborative, inclusive and fast-paced agile environment. At Oracle you will be working with a team of highly talented Technology and Engineering professionals who are revolutionizing the delivery of Cloud Services for Enterprise Customers.
Oracle IT provides modern enterprise services to Oracle’s internal businesses and is amid a cloud transformation driving improved agility, performance, availability and security across Oracle’s Enterprise and Development environments. In our Site Reliability Engineering team, we develop best-in-class solutions for key internal business domains, provide key capabilities for critical cross-organizational programs using DevOps best practices. The SRE role is critical to our success and focuses on building a highly reliable, scalable and measurable customer experience ensuring continued growth of Oracle’s critical services. If you are looking for an environment that embraces your unbridled ambition for innovating solutions and learning new things; provides clearly defined objectives and empowers individual growth through direct feedback; values your contributions and is dedicated to supporting your personal development, then Oracle IT is the team for you!
· As an Oracle IT Site Reliability Engineer, you will be focused on improving service reliability, performance and operability of Services used by Oracle Employee and Oracle Customers. You will have your hand on the pulse of the services and will play a key role in responding to live service issues. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to create automation and tooling that will allow us to continuously improve our services.
· Solve complex problems related to Oracle IT services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
· Identify opportunities and drive the implementation of automation to improve service health, manageability, reliability and telemetry.
· Ability to read, write, configure, design, and script end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities for platforms.
· Authoring functional and technical documentation.
· You will be responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance with authority for end-to-end performance and operability.
· A deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies is required.
· Hands-on Full Stack Developer
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· At least 8 years of experience in software engineering on various complex Java, Spring, Spring Boot and/or NodeJs technologies
· 5+ years of experience running large scale systems in a DevOps/SRE environment
· At least 3 years of experience working on UNIX/LINUX platforms
· At least 2 years of experience with a public cloud service such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or Google cloud (GCP).
· Sound understanding on Technologies and Languages: Delivery tools (Docker, Jenkins, GitHub), Go, Python, source code management best practices, Terraform.
· Very strong understanding of application performance concepts like scalability, availability and resiliency in cloud environment.
· Experience working in agile and/or SAFe agile environments.
· Strong communication skills including the ability to express complex technical concepts to different audiences in writing and conference calls.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Solid knowledge of Oracle database and SQL queries.
· Experience to work with offshore teams is a plus
Mexico: OTA-RM-MXSolve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle products and services. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.Work with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Authority for end-to-end performance and operability. Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio. Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles. Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the affect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent. Identifies and implements complex solutions to knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance. Experience running large scale customer facing web services. Identifies and implements complex solutions to understanding of load balancing technologies and experience with development in programming languages, databases and big data stores, and container technologies. Work involves defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products. A minimum of 8+ years experience of running large scale customer facing web services.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.